- Grounded in a foundation based upon caring, knowledge, leadership, and also community service, Clemson University’s nursing training program is the ideal fit for compassionate minds looking to help others and also save lives.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education nationally certifies the training program. Clemson’s School of Nursing is among 35 nursing programs nationwide to be acknowledged since in the year 2004 as a Centre of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing. Your junior and also senior years will be spent immersed in nursing courses and also clinical. Clinics provide an opportunity to practice critical thinking and practical skills in medical settings.
- Clemson’s nursing school provides pupils with the communication, computer, leadership and also critical-thinking skills that are essential in today’s complex health care environment. As a nursing major, your first 2-years at Clemson will be spent developing a well-rounded education. With a foundation and also emphasis in liberal arts and basic science, you will focus on classes such as biology, sociology, chemistry, psychology, and writing.
About the school
- Clemson University is a public, coeducational, land-grant and also sea-grant research institution in Clemson, South Carolina, United States. Clemson is the 2nd largest university in South Carolina. As of 2016, Clemson University enlisted a total of 18,599 undergraduate students for the fall semester and also 4,807 graduate students as well as the student/faculty ratio is 16:1.
- In November 1889, South Carolina Governor John P. Richardson III authorized the bill, thus creating the Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina. Because of this, federal funds for agricultural education from the Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act along with the Hatch Act of 1887 were moved from South Carolina College to Clemson.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Fill out the online application.
- Send an official high school transcript with senior year courses listed.
- Request official SAT or ACT scores to be sent directly from the test agency. If you submit old SAT scores (from tests administered before March 2016), Clemson will convert the old SAT decision scores (critical reading / math / writing) into new SAT sections (evidence-based reading and writing / math). The overall total SAT score will then be derived by taking the highest of the evidence-based reading and writing / math scores. For your ACT scores, the best composite score will be taken.
- High school curriculum
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.75, completion of a minimum of
two required sciences in the Nursing curriculum with a “C” or better.
Recommended High School Curriculum
- English — 4 credits
- Mathematics — 3 credits
- Laboratory Science — 3 credits
- Foreign Language — 3 credits
- Social Sciences — 3 credits
- Other — 2 credits
- Physical Education/ROTC — 1 credit
- Fine Arts – 1 credit
Address: 101 Calhoun Dr, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Phone: +1 864-656-3311
Submit your review