The Associate of Science in nursing training program is built to prepare technical nurses to provide client-centered proper care. You will be properly trained to work within organized settings and with other associates of the health-care team. The training program provides educational experiences to promote scientific research, creative thinking, critical judgment and also self-evaluation. The two (2) year associate degree provides the graduate with a basis for more study at the baccalaureate level.
Upon completion of the training program, the graduate is qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse (RN). Upon successful completion of the licensure examination, pupils can start working as a registered nurse. The program is offered only at the Venango campus
About The School
Clarion University of Pennsylvania is a public university situated in Clarion, Pennsylvania, USA. It is one of 14 universities who are part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Clarion University was established Sept. 10, 1867, as the Carrier Seminary of Western Pennsylvania. Carrier Seminary started operation and also offered a regular training program in 1871. Nevertheless, it wasn’t authorized for another sixteen years.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,345
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply online at WWW.CLARION.EDU/ADMISS and save $5, or complete the attached paper application. If completing the paper application, please type or print clearly and select your major from the list provided. The application fee for online submission is $35, and paper submission is $40 (please submit with application).
- If you are a high school student, ask your guidance counselor to provide an official copy of your high school transcript to Clarion University.
- Clarion University accepts either the ACT or SAT test scores. Use our code number (ACT: 3698 SAT: 2649) to send an official copy of your test score
- An essay and recommendation letters are optional for students, but are encouraged since they can help strengthen your application for admission.
- We strongly encourage you to visit the campus, and have a personal interview (interviews are not necessarily required for admission to the university).
- Applicants for the ASN Venango Campus program must have completed applications including high school transcripts, SAT/ACT scores and college transcripts (if applicable) submitted no later than Feb. 15 for admission consideration into the fall class.
- Students interested in the ASN Nursing program also take the National League of Nursing (NLN) pre-entrance exam for consideration into the Nursing program.
- If you are a transfer student, please have an official academic transcript sent from all schools you have attended, in addition to the application form and high school transcript (if you have less than 15 transferable credits from a regionally accredited institution).
Address: 909 E Wood St. Clarion PA, 16214
Phone: 800 672 7171
Submit your review
Leave a Reply