City College of San Francisco, or CCSF, is a two-year community college in San Francisco, California, USA. The Ocean Avenue campus, bordering the Sunnyside, Westwood Park and Ingleside neighborhoods, is the college’s biggest location.
The Nursing course of study in City College of San Francisco includes instruction in applied nursing science and also related life sciences, and clinical experience in San Francisco Bay Area cooperating clinical functions. The obligated course of study for Nursing consists of courses that may also satisfy certain general education requirements.
The Nursing syllabus, supplemented by general education courses, is created so that pupils may fulfill the requirements for graduation from City College with the degree of Associate in Science (AS). It is obligated that all pupils who desire to be enlisted in the Nursing Program take the CCSF placement test in Mathematics.
The Associate in Science syllabus in Registered Nursing is authorized by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Pupils who complete the course of study in line with City College requirements are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination of Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Individuals who pass the NCLEX-RN are eligible for entry-level positions of R.N. in health services and agencies.
Total program cost is USD $9,130
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Prerequisite courses:
- Complete the following prerequisite courses: No in progress courses will be considered
Physiology 1 or 12
Math 40 or placed into Math 60
Science courses must have been completed within the last 7 years at the time of enrollment to the Nursing program.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 in science and English 1A.
- An applicant can repeat only one of the science courses. More than one (1) repetition of any of the science courses will disqualify the applicant. Repetition of a science course is defined as repeating a course due to a previous grade of “D,” “F” or “W.” Students may satisfy the above course prerequisites at other institutions, but the courses and grades must be verified prior to consideration for enrollment.
- File with the Office of Admissions and Records a completed application for admission to City College. No person may attend nursing classes unless he/she is properly admitted to the College.
- English 1A and Math 40.
- If you have taken English 1A and Math 40 or higher at CCSF, you must submit official transcript with your application which includes your final grade in English 1A and Math 40 or higher.
- If you have never taken any college math at any college, you must take the CCSF Mathematics Placement test and score at Math 60 or higher. Submit test result with nursing application.
- Test waivers for English and Mathematics are only for nursing applicants who have satisfied CCSF placement test requirements through external sources such as other colleges attended or (SAT, AP) scores. Bring proof (test score or transcripts) to the Matriculation office, Conlan Hall, Rm. 204 to obtain the waiver. This waiver must accompany your Nursing application.
- File a completed enrollment form for the Nursing Program. Contact Nursing Department for filing dates.
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope must be submitted with the enrollment form.
- Previous ATI TEAS (or equivalent). ATI TEAS will also be administered to those selected for conditional enrollment.
City College of San Francisco
Address: 50 Phelan Ave, San Francisco, CA 94112
Submit your review