The LVN to Registered Nurse training program is a twelve-month Health Sciences training program starting in the fall semester of every year. Below is the recommended route for regular potential pupils looking to earn an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in the LVN to Registered Nurse Training program.
Once certified as a Registered Nurse, an alternative to advance on to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing of Abilene, United States is offered in as small as two more semesters of web-based coursework. The LVN/RN Bridge alternative grooms the graduate to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) must be awarded by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas.
About The School
Cisco College is a community college in Cisco, Texas situated in Eastland County between Fort Worth and also Abilene, where Highways 206, 183, and 6 intersect Interstate 20. The primary campus is 92 acres outside of Cisco, along with the Abilene Educational Center is 38 acres in Abilene, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the application.
- Applicants to the Associate Degree Nursing program must be graduates of a state-approved vocational/practical nursing program,
- Submit official high school transcript or GED scores.
- Must take the Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI –A2) Admission Assessment within three (3) months of application with a minimum passing rate of 75% on each of the following components: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary & General Knowledge, and Mathematics. A score of less than 75% on any component will require re-testing of that component, not all four (only one re-take per section).
- Be currently licensed as a vocational nurse in Texas and must have completed the required prerequisite courses with a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Send official transcripts from previous college(s) or university (ies) to Cisco College.
- Students under the age of 22 submit proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
- Complete Prerequisites courses:
- BIOL 1322 Nutrition
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSYC 2301 General Psychology
- ENGL 1301 Composition I
Address: 101 College Hts, Cisco, TX 76437
Submit your review