The Alabama Community College System nursing program is a flawless five-semester syllabus with stackable qualifications that could lead the student to an Associate Degree in Applied Science in nursing. Stackable credentials include a nursing assistant certificate of completion; practical nursing certificate; and/or Associate Degree in Applied Science in nursing.
The Associate Degree in Applied Science nursing program allows the student to finish a 5-semester curriculum leading to an Associate Degree in Applied Science in nursing. The student must complete a total of 66 credit hours to graduate from this program, this include 27 credit hours of general education and 39 credit hours of core nursing courses. Upon successful completion of the curriculum, the student will be qualified to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination: NCLEX-RN
About the school
Chattahoochee Valley Community College is founded in 1973 in the City of Phenix, Alabama.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) has provided educational services for the Chattahoochee Valley for over 35 years. Being the chief community college in the region, it prepares students for their admission into a four-year school and familiarize students to the transition from schooling to the labor force. This college encourages prospects for students to give back to the community and hone their leadership skills.
Tuition and fees: $4,320.00
Total Cost In-State On-Campus estimates: $5,120.00
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus estimates: $8,510.00
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
In addition to the general admission requirements for the College, admission into the nursing program requires:
- Unconditional admission to the college.
- Receipt of completed application for admission to nursing program before published deadline.
- A minimum of 18 ACT composite score National or Residual.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA for nursing required academic core courses.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA cumulative high school GPA for students without prior college courses (GED will be used if applicable).
- Meet the essential functions for nursing.
- Eligible for ENG101, BIO201, and MTH100.
After meeting all minimum requirements, applicants are rank-ordered using a point system based on:
- ACT score. A highest possible score of 36 points with no time limit on when the test was taken.
- Points from Nursing required college courses (i.e. ENG101, MTH100 or higher, BIO201 and BIO202). Points for grades are as follows: A = 3 points, B = 2 points, and C = 1 point.
- Students may be awarded up, but not to exceed, 10 points as determined by college policy and procedures.
- Students who have completed BIO201, BIO202 and BIO220 at CVCC before the time of application will earn an additional 5 points.
- Students who have completed all nursing required academic core courses before the time of application will earn an additional 10 points.
- Students who have earned a practical nursing certificate from CVCC and can provide proof of LPN licensure will earn an additional 10 points
Entrance to the nursing program is challenging and the number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty and availability of clinical facilities. Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the nursing program.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College
2602 College Drive,
Phenix City AL 36869
Submit your review