Chabot College is a community college situated in Hayward, California, United States.
Chabot College was the very first college unveiled by the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. The creation of a “junior college district” was authorized by the voters on January 10, 1961, and the very first board of trustees chosen on April 18, 1961. Chabot College opened for classes on September 11, 1961, on a 7.5-acrer non-permanent site in San Leandro with an enrollment of 1,163 pupils.
Chabot College offers a curriculum of over 175 majors of study, awarding more than one hundred associate degrees and certificates.
Our Associate in Arts in Nursing Training program is a two-year, regular program offered in 4 consecutive semesters, not including summers.
The nursing training program welcomes applications just once a year. Each fall, forty applicants are picked. Applicants not picked may reapply the following year. There is no waiting list.
Chabot College uses a “merit-based” method. The standard score or eligibility worksheet is a 100 point system based on these seven categories requiring all supporting documentations: Academic Degrees, Health Care Experience, fixed courses, and Statistics, GPA in Science, Life experience, Military, Second Language, TEAS score.
The top 1/3 of eligible applicants will be entered into a random selection method, and forty candidates will be accepted. The outstanding will be notified when space becomes available.
Approved candidates are required to attend a mandatory orientation during the summer. Date, time and also location will be supplied in the acceptance packet.
The program sets you to:
- Graduate with an Associate in Arts in Nursing
- Be eligible to take the National Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) and upon passing, become a registered nurse
- Work within a number of health-care settings
- Continue your academic objective for a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Total program cost is USD $10,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- SCIENCE PREREQUISITES
Complete the Chabot College equivalent of the following science courses:
Anatomy 1: Human Anatomy
Physiology 1: Human Physiology
Microbiology 1: Microbiology
The following criterion applies to the science prerequisites:
- Each course must include a lab and must be 4-5 semester units
- One term Anatomy/Physiology semester is not accepted.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA is required in the science courses. Only one “C” is allowed in the science courses.
- Students who have withdrawn or repeated any science prerequisite will have a one-time deduction of 2 points for one withdrawal or non-passing grade or 5 points for more than one withdrawal or non-passing grade.
- Chabot College does not have a recency requirement.
- The science prerequisites must be completed by the fall (12/31) prior to the year of application. This means the grades must appear on the official transcripts. In progress grades are not accepted.
- FIXED COURSES: Complete the Chabot College equivalent of the following “fixed courses”:
English 1A: English Composition
Sociology 1: Introduction to Sociology
Psychology 1: Introduction to Psychology
Communications 1 or 10: Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
The following criterion applies to the Fixed Courses:
- Each course must have a grade of “C” or higher.
- The “fixed courses” must be completed by the fall prior to the year of application. This means grades must appear on the official transcripts at the time on application. In progress grades are not accepted.
- TEAS Testing
- Pass the TEAS at adjusted individual score of 62% or higher.
- An unofficial copy must be submitted with your application. If admitted, official test results from ATI Testing must be submitted unless test is taken at Chabot College.
- Students who do not acquire an Adjusted Individual score of 62% or higher will be required to complete remediation prior to testing again.
- If you do not pass the TEAS on your second attempt after remediation, you are not eligible for the Chabot Nursing Program.
- Only the first valid score will be accepted if you have taken the test multiple times.
Address: 25555 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545
Submit your review