- Central Methodist University Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program readies students to be competent and also compassionate nursing professionals. It teaches the skills needed for nursing while emphasizing integrity, honesty, as well as a strong sense of personal responsibility. CMU’s Nursing training program offers a thorough academic and also clinical experience.
- CMU’s Nursing training program is tutored in The Throgmorton Center for Allied Health, which features the most sophisticated nursing Students get practical experience working with simulators and also via actual patient contact. Classes cover numerous areas from pharmacology to human anatomy, and also management to family nursing. It is completely authorized by the Missouri State Board of Nursing, and also offers clinical experiences in various health care facilities.
About the school
- Central Methodist University (previously referred to as Central Methodist College as well as known as Central College or CMU) is a non-public, coeducational, liberal arts institution situated in Fayette, Missouri, United States.
- Central Methodist University is a certified four-year institution of higher education and also offers masters, bachelors, and also associate degrees. The school is associated with the United Methodist Church.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- applicants must meet the admission requirements of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
- applicants must have an earned grade of “C” or better in Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Chemistry with a maximum of two (2) attempts (see Scholastic Standards) and a science sub-cumulative GPA of at least 2.5. The Biology and/or Biology lab requirement may be waived if the student has completed all other science pre-requisite course requirements.
- applicants must have earned a grade of “B” or better in Adaptation Nursing Model with Skills Lab and in Pathophysiology in no more than two (2) attempts;
- applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on a minimum of 53 hours of college course work;
- students have the right to petition for consideration of alternative circumstances. Contact the Nursing Department Office for instructions regarding petitioning;
- the applicant completes a nursing entrance examination and achieves the minimum required score in no more than two (2) attempts per admission period. The Nursing Department identifies the specific required entrance examination and the required minimum passing grade and confirms these each year;
- applicants must complete a written questionnaire;
- a criminal background check is negative for felonies; and
- a background check and drug testing, at the expense of the student, must be done prior to starting the program.
Address: 411 Central Methodist Square, Fayette, MO 65248
Submit your review