Central Oregon Community College A.D. Nursing training program provides a career ladder with exit points at the Registered Nurse (RN) level. All pupils, irrespective of preferred exit point, complete the needed prerequisite courses, then apply in spring term, and if accepted, enter the Nursing training program together Fall term.
Admission is competitive. Associate of applied science in nursing is awarded after successful completion of all requirements, acceptance into the Nursing training program, and subsequent successful completion of Nursing 106, 107, 108, 207, 206, and 208. Graduates meet the requirements to take the NCLEX-RN and apply for Registered Nurse licensure by the OSBN.
About The School
Central Oregon Community College (COCC) is a community college situated in Bend, Oregon, United States. It mainly serves residents of Deschutes, Jefferson, and Crook Regions. It was established in 1949.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,450
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Residency status will be determined according to the COCC Residency Policy. An applicant must be classified as an in-district resident for the term in which they will be admitted to the program.
- The application must be submitted online through the student’s Bobcat Web Account.
- All applicants must demonstrate basic computer skills by completing CIS 120: Computer Concepts with a C or better or by passing the Computer Competency Exam
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in all of the following courses:
- BI231: Anatomy and Physiology I*
- BI232: Anatomy and Physiology II*
- BI233: Anatomy and Physiology III*
- BI234: Microbiology*
- MTH95: Intermediate Algebra or higher level course (EXCLUDING MTH 98)
- WR121: English Composition
- Due to the rigor and time commitment involved with program courses, students are encouraged to complete as many support courses as possible prior to accepting a program position. Therefore, students will be awarded points towards their application based on the number of support courses completed by the application deadline.
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS-VI™) is a scholastic aptitude test designed to measure basic essential skills identified as important for entry-
- level nursing program applicants. Skill areas include:
- Math: whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion.
- Reading: paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
- English: punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
- Science: science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, basic physical principles, and general science.
- Official Transcripts (for coursework not taken at COCC)- If using courses from another college or university, applicants must submit official transcripts at the time of application to COCC.
Central Oregon Community College
Address: 2600 NW College Way, Bend, OR 97703
Phone: (541) 383-7700
Submit your review
Leave a Reply