The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Central Carolina Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and techniques to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a changing environment, and to meet personal needs which affect health, quality of life, and also the achievement of potential. It is a five-semester training program.
Course work includes and builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team offering safe, individualized care while making use of evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and also informatics. Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
Ábout The School
Central Carolina Community College is a tax-supported public, non-profit, two (2) year college in the North Carolina Community College System, United States. It offered its very first classes in the year 1961.
The school has campuses in Chatham, Harnett, and also Lee regions, as well as numerous centers to serve those locations. It has an extensive distance education training program that attracts pupils both within and also beyond its geographical areas.
Central Carolina also provides comprehensive training support to business and also industry via its Industrial Relations Office and 3 Small Business Centers.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit an application for general admission.
- Submit an official high school transcript or official high school equivalency
transcript and official college transcripts,if applicable.
- Students who have graduated high school within the last 5 years with at least a 2.6 GPA and have a 4th qualifying math course OR have acceptable SAT/ACT scores within the last five years may be exempt from testing.
- Complete prerequisite course(s):
- Biology: Any 4-credit-hour course that meets the prerequisite for Anatomy and Physiology I.
- Algebra: High school credit or college-level course accepted.
- Chemistry: High school or 4 credit-hour college level course accepted.
- Take the ATI TEAS Exam- The ATI TEAS exam is a multiple-choice assessment of your basic academic knowledge in the areas of Reading, Math, Science, and English. The minimum composite scores for Nursing students on the ATI TEAS exam is: 61.
- Complete and submit program- specific application (mandatory). All students wishing to be considered for a Nursing program (ADN) must submit a program-specific application during a consideration period.
- NC Nursing Assisting I- In order for an applicant to be eligible for acceptance into a nursing program, they must be listed active on the NC Nursing Assistant I Registry with no findings of abuse or neglect.
- Meet with your program’s Admissions Counselor (mandatory). All Health Science applicants are required to meet with their Admissions Counselor.
- Complete information session and associated quiz (mandatory).
Central Carolina Community College
Address: 1105 Kelly Dr, Sanford, NC 27330
Submit your review