- At Cedar Crest, they offer a BS degree, which a lot of employers prefer. You will get a strong foundation in nursing practice, but it will be anchored in a solid liberal arts education. They believe this is essential to developing the critical thinking and also communication skills you need for success. It is a 4-year training program.
- The nursing training program at Cedar Crest readies you to function as a nurse generalist devoted to lifelong learning. Their training program teaches you how to promote the health of persons, families and also groups from various cultures and in a variety of settings including home, hospital and also the community. You will learn to take part in interdisciplinary health care teams and also take accountability for your actions and decisions. Your courses will include lots of clinical practice.
- To graduate you will need to earn a minimum of 120 credits, including 63 general education credits and also 57 nursing credits. To meet the requirements as a registered nurse, you must then pass the National Council Licensure Exam. Cedar Crest graduates regularly score above the mandated State Board of Nursing pass rate on their licensing examinations.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and also Master of Science in Nursing programs at Cedar Crest College are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
About the school
- Cedar Crest College is a non-public liberal arts women’s college in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the USA. Men may pursue any master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, certification and certificate training program offered via evening and/or weekend study and are welcome to study nursing as well as nuclear medicine by day.
- Established in 1867, the college is historically associated with the United Church of Christ, though it remains academically independent.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,050
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Cedar Crest College seeks to enroll students who have shown academic achievement and promise in combination with varied interests, talents and backgrounds. The high school record is an important factor in the selection of candidates.
A good foundation for the Cedar Crest curriculum includes a college preparatory program of four years of English, three years of mathematics, two years of laboratory science, three years of social studies, two years of international language, and three or four academic electives. In individual cases, the College is willing to consider a good student whose preparation does not include all of these subjects.
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements of the College, candidates for the nursing and nuclear medicine programs should include two consecutive years of laboratory science (biology and chemistry) in their high school curriculum. Candidates for the nuclear medicine program also should include one year of physics in their high school curriculum. Both women and men may apply for admission to the nursing program.
Address: 100 College Dr, Allentown, PA 18104, USA
Submit your review