The Nursing training program at Cayuga Community College prepares the pupil for entrance into the profession of Nursing. Upon graduation, pupils earn the Associate in Applied Science degree in Nursing and are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurses (RN).
The total NCLEX-RN passing rate for Cayuga nursing pupils is continually outstanding and surpasses state and also national averages. Cayuga’s nursing training program is completely certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Cayuga Community College initially Cayuga County Community College, is a two (2) year State University of New York System in Cayuga County, New York, United States. The institution started in 1953 as Auburn Community College. Its primary campus is in Auburn, New York, USA. The institution also serves Oswego County with its outlet campus in Fulton, New York, United States.
The institution offers associate degrees and also right now anchors the University Center, which offers Bachelor of Art and also B.S. degrees from several colleges, on the grounds of Cayuga Community College (CCC). Amongst these are 2 bachelor’s degrees offered by Cazenovia College.
The State University of New York Board of Trustees endorsed the foundation of its very first community college on April 9, 1953. Classes started the subsequent year in September at Auburn Community College in the past James Street Elementary School with sixty-nine (69) pupils. 12 months later, Cayuga County assumed sponsorship for the college, and it modified its name to Cayuga County Community College (CCC).
Total estimated program cost is USD $19,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- High school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Algebra math proficiency:
- Testing into Cayuga’s MATH 102 (Intermediate Algebra) or higher on the Cayuga placement test, or
- Completion of Cayuga’s MATH 099 (Elementary Algebra) or higher with a minimum grade of C (or 70%) or
- Completion of pre-calculus or higher in high school with a minimum grade of C (or 70%)
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70%) of high school or college biology
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70%) of high school chemistry (Regents or General) or college Chemistry 101 (CHEM 103 or equivalent)
- Minimum cumulative GPA or overall high school average of 75% or 2.5
- Pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam with a cumulative test score of 75 is required
- English language proficiency as demonstrated by compliance with minimum required TOEFL score, required if English is not a first language
- May be required to consent to background check and/or drug testing upon request by the college or affiliating clinical agency
Cayuga Community College
Address: 197 Franklin St, Auburn, NY 13021
Submit your review