The associate degree program at Catawba Valley Community College is completely endorsed by the North Carolina State Board of Nursing and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Catawba Valley Community College presently offers an Associate Degree in nursing training program. Pupils take part in classroom, laboratory, and also clinical experience usually Monday to Friday. The ADN training program is made up of 5 semesters. Graduates of the training program meet the requirements to take the national licensure examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurses.
Ábout The School
Catawba Valley Community College is a public community college in Hickory, North Carolina, United States. The college was founded April 3, in the year 1958, is a member of the North Carolina Community College System, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete Application to CVCC and activate application in person in Admissions.
- Official, Sealed High School/High School Equivalency Transcripts (submitted and received before deadline) All Official, Sealed College Transcripts from all originating, regionally accredited, institutions (submitted and received before deadline)
- Meet Minimum Placement Test Requirements.Placement testing may be waived by having one of the following:
- College level English composition and college math course(s) completed
with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Meets Multiple Measures criteria to waive placement testing.
- Appropriate SAT/ACT scores may waive placement tests (SAT/ACT scores are valid for five years):
SAT taken before March 2016 Minimum Score Needed
Writing or Critical Reading 500
Reading and Writing 480
or Reading 22
- Meet Biology Competency (either from high school or college):
- Completion of a high school biology course with a grade of “C” or higher
- Completion of a college level biology course with a grade of “C” or higher
- Meet Chemistry Competency (either from high school or college):
- Completion of a high school chemistry course with a grade of “C” or higher
- Completion of a college level (100 or above) chemistry course with a grade of “C” or higher
- Required CVCC Grade Point Average (GPA). Applicants must satisfy at least one of the GPA scenarios:
- Recent high school graduates (January 1, 2015 or later) and current high school students must have an unweighted GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Current or prior CVCC students must have a 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants who have attended another regionally accredited college or university and have completed six (6) semester hours of coursework in the CVCC ADN curriculum may use the GPA earned at that college or university provided it is a 2.50 or higher. An official transcript is required to verify GPA.
- Complete TEAS V (5) or ATI TEAS- Test of Essential Academic Skills with a score of 63 or better
Catawba Valley Community College
Address: 2550 US Hwy 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Submit your review
Leave a Reply