The Casper College’s Department of Nursing has followed the University of Wyoming and other community colleges to adopt the statewide (Revolutionizing Nursing Education in Wyoming) ReNEW curriculum.
ReNEW is a baccalaureate set of courses with a benchmark for as associate degree at community colleges providing the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), which enables the graduates to sit for the NCLEX –RN to become Registered Nurses, and then advance toward a BSN via the University of Wyoming. All options comprise of nursing, and non-nursing courses and the students are assimilated into all facets of college life.
This two-year course is endorsed by the Wyoming State Board of Nursing and with the full accreditation of the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About the school
Casper College is a public institution situated in the center of Wyoming in Casper precisely, Wyoming, United States. It is one of the biggest and most popular community colleges in the area. Casper College was established in 1945 at Natrona County High School, as Wyoming’s first junior college.
It later moved to its present location after ten years. Presently the campus comprises 28 structures on over 200 acres. It enrolls 4,023 students presently with about 250 faculties. The college was ranked among the Top 25 colleges of all community colleges in the country in the year 2011 by StateUniversity.com. Casper College provides over 50 academic majors and 30 career and technical field options.
The academic face of the college is structured into five distinct Schools: Fine Arts and Humanities, Health Science, Business and Industry, Science, Social and Behavioral Science.
Total program cost is about $20,400
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To be considered for admission into the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program, the applicant must:
- Have graduated from high school or have earned a GED.
- Submit a completed application form with all college transcripts to the Admissions and Student Records Office and a departmental application form to the nursing director by the admission deadline.
- Have a composite score of 18 or better on the ACT if out of high school less than two years, and have completed courses recommended by the test with a “C” or better, OR
- Have taken the required English and Math placement tests and have completed courses recommended by the test with a “C” or better. If students have successfully completed college-level Math or English courses, they will not be required to retake them.
- Currently enrolled or have completed ENGL 1010 with a “C” or better.
- Currently enrolled or have completed ZOO 2040/ZOO 2041 (or their equivalents), and current within the last five years, with a “C” or better.
- Currently enrolled or have completed MATH 1400 with a “C” or better.
- Currently enrolled or have completed HMDV 1300 with a “C” or better.
- Currently enrolled or have completed HLTK 1300 with a “C” or better.
- Have a degree grade point average of 2.5 or higher for admission, or readmission.
- Achieve a “Proficient” level on the ATI Test of Essential Skills (TEAS ®) as required for the application process.
125 College Drive Casper, Wyoming 82601
Submit your review