The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Carteret Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and methods to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving atmosphere, and to fulfill individual demands which impact health, high quality of life, and also the achievement of potential.
Course work includes and builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content draws attentions to the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing secure, individualized care while employing evidence-based practice, quality advancement, and also informatics.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment opportunities are large within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and also community health-care amenities.
Ábout The School
Carteret Community College is a community college in Morehead City, North Carolina, United States. It was established in 1963 and serves residents of Carteret County, North Carolina, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,900
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and provide an official transcript.
- Application: Complete and submit an application for admission to the Associate Degree Nursing Program. This is the normal college application completed by going to www.carteret.edu, clicking on the red APPLY NOW button, then Admissions and selecting Associate Degree Nursing as your major. All applicants must complete a new application even if currently enrolled or have made previous application to the Associate Degree Nursing program. Please note that students may apply to a maximum of two health sciences programs.
- Transcripts: Request that official transcripts from high school and all colleges attended be forwarded directly to the admissions office. Applicants who have earned a GED or Adult High School diploma must also have official scores and transcripts forwarded in addition to high school transcripts. Official transcripts are those received either by mail or by hand delivery to the admissions office in the original, sealed envelope from the awarding institution or agency. Faxed transcripts are not considered to be official records. Home-schooled students must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered.
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR NURSING ADMISSIONS FORM/PACKET UNTIL ALL TRANSCIPTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY THE COLLEGE. CHECK YOUR WEBADVISOR ACCOUNT TO SEE WHEN THE COLLEGE HAS RECEIVED YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. Login to your Web Advisor account and look under Communication, then My Documents.
- Placement Tests: Take the placement tests in English, math and COMPUTER USAGE. There is a 5 year time limit on placement test scores. Placement testing may be waived for the Associate Degree Nursing program based upon completion of required college-prep or college-level course work with a grade of “C” or better or with certain scores on the SAT or ACT test.
- Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam: Once you have submitted a complete nursing packet to the admissions office and been designated by the admissions office as meeting admissions requirements, you will receive a letter with information on how to schedule the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam. A minimum score of 65% is required.
- Academic Readiness: Placement test scores must reflect academic readiness. For English, you must test out of DRE098; for math you must test out of DMA 10, 20, 30, 40, 50; for computer usage–score of 80% or higher. If an applicant scores less than the minimum required scores on the placement test, he or she will be required to complete the essential sequence of college-prep courses before qualifying for the program.
Carteret Community College
Address: 3505 Arendell St, Morehead City, NC 28557
Submit your review