The Associate Degree Nursing Program has the approval of the Maryland Board of Nursing. Following completion of the pre-clinical requirements, students will undergo four terms of clinical study. An at least grade C is required in all courses in the nursing program, and all required science courses must be completed within five years of registering the clinical courses.
This program accepts students on a selective basis. Minimum entrance GPA is 2.50. This plan of study trains the student for the national licensure examination for registered nursing (NCLEX-RN).
About the school
Carroll County Community College is a community college providing educational services to the residents of Carroll County, Maryland, United States. Responding to the yearning of the citizens of Carroll County, the Board of Commissioners at Carroll County assessed the need for extra educational facilities in the county by the year 1973.
The college underwent several changes, and in 1992, the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) instructed the college to start the process of achieving a degree-granting status like every other two-year community college. By the year 1996, Carroll Community College was granted full accreditation. The said accreditation was reaffirmed again in 2006.
Total program tuition and fees for In-County residents is around $11,700, In-State resident are expected to spend around $17,000 on tuition and fees while Out-of-State residents are to spend about $24,000.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The admission process awards points for completing the Nursing Application and meeting the above criteria. Students with the highest point totals are accepted conditionally into the clinical portion of the program.
- BIOL 210, 211, 215 (3 points for A, 2 points for B, 1 point for C, no points are awarded for D or F).
- ENGL 101 and MATH 115 (2 points for A, 1 point for B, 0.5 point for C, no points are awarded for D or F).
- Three points are awarded for being a Carroll County resident if you submit a copy of your driver’s license showing you are a Carroll County resident.
- RN applicants:
- Fall admission
Three points are awarded for completing all degree requirements for either the Associate of Science Registered Nurse Track or Associate of Science Registered Nurse for Licensed Practical Nurses program by Feb. 15 of the year you plan to begin. Two points are awarded for plans to complete the degree requirements of the program by May 31 of the year you plan to begin.
For example, if you apply to begin in Fall 2016, you will receive three points if all degree requirements are completed by Feb. 15, 2016; you will receive two points if all degree requirements are planned to be completed by May 31, 2016.
- Fall admission
- If your point total equals that of other students, you and those other students are ranked by overall GPA from highest to lowest.
- If you have repeated any BIOL pre-requisites within the five-year time frame, points are deducted. The one-half point is deducted for a single repeated BIOL pre-requisite. One point is deducted for more than one repeated BIOL pre-requisite. Points are not deducted for originally received a C or C+ in any BIOL course and repeating the course to improve your grade.
- Grades of D or F in any clinical nursing course result in a one point deduction for each unsuccessful course completion.
- Eleven points are the minimum total for acceptance.
Courses taken at another college should be shared with the Nursing program so that points may be assessed. A copy of your current course schedule is necessary.
Transfer courses with grades are included and are assigned quality points based on the letter grade. Transfer credit(s) earned without a letter grade (CLEP, AP, military evaluation, Challenge examination) are not assigned quality points or calculated in the GPA.
Carroll Community College
1601 Washington Road
Westminster, MD 21157
Submit your review
Leave a Reply