The nursing ADN program in Carrington College-Albuquerque is rigorous and requires about three days per week of on-campus tutoring as well as 180 hours of clinical experience. Graduates of the Nursing Bridge program earn an Associate of Science degree and are prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Registered nurses work as patient advocates for the care and recovery of the sick and maintenance of their health. In their work as supporters, RNs plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care of those who are injured or ill. RNs have a significantly expanded scope of education, practice, and clinical training than licensed practical nurses.
Individuals pursuing this career path may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing before externship, to achieve occupational licensure/certification or employment and throughout their careers.
About The School
Carrington College is a network of for-profit private colleges. Founded in 1967, the college is based out of Sacramento, California with 18 locations throughout the Western United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $9,160
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Pass the entrance exam with a minimum score of 75 on all sections (math, reading, vocabulary) of the HESI A2 or the Kaplan entrance exam at the 35th percentile at least. A non-refundable fee of $40 dollars is charged for each allowable attempt. Scores attained may also be used for admission ranking.
- Applicants in Reno are required to submit to drug screening and background checks, the results of which could affect enrollment in the program.
- Attend Registered Nursing information session.
- Provide negative TB test results. If test results are more than 12-months old, they must be from a two-step test; tuberculosis clearance (PPD) or the alternate QuantiFERON-TB Gold (QFT-G) blood test. Applicants with a history of a positive TB test must also have a chest X-ray.
- Provide proof of childhood MMR immunization x2 or titer. Students must receive the 2nd injection at least four weeks after the first dose per CDC guidelines.
- Provide proof of the first dose hepatitis B vaccination or written refusal. Students must receive the 2nd injection at least one month after the first dose and the 3rd injection six months after the first dose per CDC guidelines.
- Provide proof of varicella immunization (in the absence of a history of having had chickenpox), or varicella titer proving immunity.
- Provide proof of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDAP) titer proving immunity or proof of vaccination within the previous 10 years.
- Provide proof of yearly influenza vaccination, applicable during flu season.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the following prerequisite courses:
- General Psychology
- English Writing and Composition
- Physiology with
- Psychology (Developmental/Lifespan)
- Speech (Interpersonal Communication)
- General Microbiology
- Intermediate Algebra or higher
- Human Anatomy
Address: 1001 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply