The objective of the Associate Degree Nursing Training program at Cape Fear Community College is to provide high-quality education to persons in the community seeking a profession as a registered nurse (RN) and to promote the transition of the licensed practical nurse (LPN) into the position of the registered nurse (RN).
Upon successful completion of the course of study and also efficiently passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), the student may enter employment as a registered nurse. The Training program is endorsed by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and Certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Ábout The School
Cape Fear Community College is an extensive two-year college situated in Wilmington, North Carolina, USA. Cape Fear Community College is the 7th largest community college in the state with OVER 25,000 pupils taking classes each and every year.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,800
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the CFCC General Admissions Application.
- Request official transcripts from a regionally accredited high school/High School Equivalency agency. High school/High School Equivalency transcripts must indicate the date graduated. Official transcripts are those received either by mail or by hand delivery to CFCC in the original, sealed envelope from the awarding institution or agency. If you graduated from a North Carolina public high school since 2003, you may request your official high school transcript be sent electronically to the Admissions Office via the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) website at cfnc.org . Home schooled students must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered, and an official transcript including the graduation date and documentation of completion of a nationally standardized achievement test.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended be mailed to the Admissions and/or Records Office. These will be reviewed for possible transfer credit.
NOTE: Once accepted into CFCC, students will need to meet the minimum requirements to file an “Intent to Apply.”
- HAVE AN OVERALL GPA OF 2.5 OR HIGHER IN ALL POST-SECONDARY COURSEWORK COMPLETED- at Cape Fear Community College. After an “Intent to Apply” has been filed, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 to enter the program in the fall. If your CFCC GPA is below 2.5 and you have not been enrolled in CFCC for 3 consecutive years, you may be eligible for academic forgiveness.
- PLACEMENT TEST SCORES- To be considered eligible to apply to the program, all applicants must be waived from testing or meet the minimum requirements on the appropriate Placement Test. An unweighted North Carolina high school GPA of 2.6 or higher may waive placement testing (graduation within the last 5 years). The student must meet specific high school math course requirements for high school GPA consideration (Multiple Measures). Completion of English 111 or its equivalent and Math 171 or higher with a grade of “C” or better will eliminate taking a Placement Test.
- COMPLETE BIOLOGY WITH A GRADE OF “C” OR HIGHER- All students who wish to apply for the Associate Degree Nursing Program must have completed a Biology or “General Science” course in high school or college, and achieved a grade of “C” or higher. If a high school general science course is used, it must have precisely the course title of “General Science”. Nursing applicants who have taken the High School Equivalency may also meet this requirement if they achieved a standard score of 45 or 450 on the High School Equivalency Natural Science Test.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES BUREAU (PSB) NURSING ADMISSIONS TEST- Students who meet the minimum requirements will schedule an appointment to take the PSB Nursing Admissions exam during the application period. Nursing applicants may take the PSB one time per application period. It is recommended that you purchase a PSB-RN study guide.
Cape Fear Community College
Address: 411 N Front St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Submit your review