- The Palm Desert Campus of California State University, San Bernardino offers two Nursing programs. The three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is for pupils that have completed the required courses either via California State University, San Bernardino or a community college. The BSN training program is very impacted and also admits a minimum amount of students for Fall annually.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing at CSU San Bernardino.
- Also, the RN to BSN is for existing California licensed Registered Nurses seeking to obtain a BSN. It is a hybrid training program; pupils attend one face-to-face meeting monthly each quarter in fall, winter and also spring
About the school
- California State University, San Bernardino, (also referred to as Cal State San Bernardino or perhaps CSUSB), is a public university as well as one of the 23 general campuses of the California State University system, USA.
- The main campus positions on 441 acres in the University District of San Bernardino, California, the United States of America, with an outlet campus of forty (40) acres in Palm Desert, California, USA, opened in the year 1986.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application must be submitted by March 1 for Fall term and October 1 for Winter term;
- Completion of the ATI-TEAS pre-admission examination by admission application deadline. A score of 70% is the minimum score required. The TEAS test taken must be version 6.0.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 overall and 3.0 on prerequisite courses listed below;
- BIOL 220 Principles of Microbiology (5)
- BIOL 223 Human Physiology and Anatomy I (5)
- BIOL 224 Human Physiology and Anatomy II (5)
- CHEM 205 Fundamentals of Chemistry I: General Chemistry (5)
- English: 107, 104A, 104B, or 106 (4)
- Critical Thinking: Comm 180, Hon 104A, Math 180, Phil 105, Phil 200, Psyc 105, or Soc 180 (4)
- Comm 120 or Hon 104C (4)
- Math 165, Statistics (4)
- Additional supplemental requirements for impacted programs include health care experience, second language competence and local service area residency.
- Admitted applicants must be California Residents per impacted status definition. If admitted, the program requires a valid Social Security Number/Card (SSN) and passing Background Checks that are conducted by certain clinical agencies.
- Applying for CSUSB admission is a separate process. Undergraduate transfers and Post-Baccalaureates (PostBacs/2nd Bachelors) must submit a complete application to CSUSB on www.csumentor.edu, during an open Undergraduate CSUSB application period.
- Attend one information session within 12 months of applying
- Submit official transcripts (TWO sets from ALL Colleges/Universities attended)
- Submit letters of recommendation (TWO: One Academic, One Personal/Professional)
All students are required to complete the following pre-requisite courses before starting the RN to BSN program at California State University.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better in prerequisite support courses listed below;
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better in the A.D.N. program or diploma program;
- Submission of an active California Registered Nurse (RN) License;
- Submission of RN screening form and all transcripts;
- Application to CSUSB with second set of transcripts;
- Students who are close to these standards may be admissible upon remediation
- ENG 107 Advanced First-Year Composition
- COMM 120 Oral Communication
- SOC 180 Critical Thinking and Social Problems
- Math 165 Statistics
- BIOL 220 Principles of Microbiology
- BIOL 223 Human Physiology and Anatomy I
- BIOL 224 Human Physiology and Anatomy II
- CHEM 205 Fundamentals of Chemistry I: General Chemistry
Address: 5500 University Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA 92407, USA
Submit your review