- California State University, Fresno BSN training program is on impacted status (the number of applications received are over the number of vacancies for the training program). For that reason, admission into the nursing major is extremely competitive; there is no waiting
- Applicants must reapply each and every time and contend with the entire applicant pool if not picked.
About the school
- California State University, Fresno (typically known as Fresno State) is a public research institution as well as one among the 23-campuses within the California State University system.
- It is situated at the northeast edge of Fresno, California, roughly 58 ml from the entrance to Yosemite National Park, and also is positioned at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountain in the San Joaquin Valley, USA.
- Fresno State was established as the Fresno State Normal School in 1911 with Charles Lourie McLane as its very first president. The original campus is what currently Fresno City College is.
- The university has a Fall 2016 enrollment of 24,405 pupils. It offers bachelor’s degrees in sixty areas of study, forty-five master’s degrees, three doctoral degrees, twelve certificates of advanced study, and two different teaching credentials.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Prerequisite Courses GE Requirement Units
- Oral Communication (COMM 3, 7, or 8) A1 3
- Written Communication (ENGL 5B or 10) A2 3
- Critical Thinking (SOC 3 preferred) A3 3
- Statistics (MATH 11 or PH 92 preferred) B4 3
- General Chemistry (CHEM 3A) B1 & B3 4
- Introductory Microbiology (BIOL 20) B2 4
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL 67A)* 4
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL 67B)* 4
- Students are not to apply with prerequisite courses still in progress
*Student must be declared Pre-Nursing to apply to Fresno State’s BSN Program.
Change of / Declaration of Double Major
- Students with 75 or more units cannot change their major or declare double major into Pre-Nursing.
Applying to BSN for non-majors (Excess Units)
- Students with 90 or more units may not apply to the BSN program unless already declared Pre-Nursing.
- Maximum of two attempts to earn the required 75% or higher. Students will be allowed to take the TEAS beyond 2 attempts, only after 5 years have passed from the first attempt.
- TEAS VI is only accepted.
Address: 5241 N Maple Ave, Fresno, CA 93740
Submit your review