- The Nursing Training program at California State University, East Bay continues to provide a complete BSN Degree training program in 2 locations, in Alameda Region at the Hayward Campus as well as in Contra Costa Region at the Concord Campus. Roughly one hundred twenty (120) nursing pupils graduate from the BSN training program annually.
- The curriculum comprises of two years of pre-nursing requirements and also eight quarters of nursing courses. Nevertheless, nine quarters are usually needed to finalize all nursing courses due to clinical space limitations.
- The Nursing Training program has an increasing RN-BSN, and also an ADN-BSN training program. The Nursing Training program has developed an ADN-BSN Collaborative with five area community schools for a smooth transition from the ADN to BSN. The training program continues to grow as more hospitals need the BSN for employment of Registered Nurses.
- The Nursing Training program received certification from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and also renewed California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) certification in 2011.
- Upon successful completion of the nursing sequence, the student is competent to take the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurse (NCLEX-RN) and apply to take the California Public Health Nursing Certificate.
About the school
- California State University, East Bay, (also abbreviated as CSU, East Bay) is a public university, situated in Hayward, California, United States of America. It was founded in the year 1957.
- The University, as part of the 23 campus California State University system, offers 136 undergraduate and also sixty post-baccalaureate areas of study.
- California State University, East Bay’s primary campus is situated in Hayward, California. It is located on a plateau east of the Hayward fault overlooking the southeast area of the city.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,005
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- All prerequisite courses must have a “C” or better. A “C” or “C+” grade (or better) is acceptable in prerequisite classes, as long as the 3.00 minimum GPA requirement is still met. A “C-” grade, however, is too low, and is not acceptable.
- All prerequisite courses taken at campuses other than CSUEB must be approved as equivalent prior to submitting your Supplemental Application.
- Human Anatomy/Physiology I (BIOL 2010 or 2011, 5 units)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology II (BIOL 2020 or 2021, 5 units)
- Introduction to Microbiology (BIOL 2025, 5 units)
- INTEGRATED Chemistry Class (Chem 1610 or 1615, 6 units)
Inorganic Chemistry (CHEM 1601 or 1605, 4 units) OR
Organic Biochemistry (CHEM 1602, 4 units)
- Written Communication/English Composition (ENGL 1001, 4 units), GE Area A2
- Oral Communication/Public Speech or Interpersonal (COMM 1000 or 1004, 4 units), GE Area A1
- Statistics (STAT 1000, 5 units), GE Area B4
- Critical Thinking/Logic (4 units), GE Area A3
- If you complete a combined “Anatomy & Physiology I” course, you must take PART II from the same campus. If you take a single-topic “Anatomy” course at any campus, you may take a single-topic “Physiology” course from any other campus
- LVN applicants, submit a copy of your current LVN license
- All official transcripts, from every college or university attended including CSUEB, are due to NursingCAS.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Official Score
- Be a graduate of an ADN Program or Diploma Program within the last 12 months; OR have 6 months or equivalent full-time nursing practice within the United States in the past 2 years.
- Have proof of an unrestricted, unencumbered California RN license by time of entry into program
- Be in the second year of an ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) Program, on track to be a new graduate from the Nursing program this academic year at one of these schools: Chabot College, Contra Costa College, De Anza College, Los Medanos College, Merritt College or Ohlone College.
- Have proof of an unrestricted, unencumbered California RN license by time of entry into program.
Address: 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA 94542
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply