- There is fantastic potential for nursing in the swiftly changing health care Nursing offers several different possibilities for service to the community, for personal development, and also for professional growth. Nurses deliver healthcare to individuals in hospitals, extended care amenities, private homes, public health, institutions as well as other community functions.
- Applicants who possess Licensed Vocational Nurse licenses may be eligible for advanced placement upon admission to the on-campus BN nursing training program at California State University, Chico.
- An RN-BSN track is available to individuals that have previously completed an RN training program (associate degree or diploma) or hold an existing California RN license, built to accommodate distance and working nurses.
- Nursing graduates are highly valuable in some nursing positions. CSU, Chico graduates, are ready to be the future leaders in nursing and are well regarded in the nursing community. The BSN programs at California State University, Chico are endorsed and also certified by the California Board of Registered Nursing, along with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Only 40 elementary students are admitted to the BSN training program every semester. Due to high student demand, nursing has been called an impacted area of study, and also special requirements for application to an impacted training program apply.
About the school
- California State University, Chico, is the second oldest campus in the 23 campus California State University system, USA.
- It is situated in Chico, California, about 90 miles north of Sacramento.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,200
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The cumulative grade point average for all college-level work must be a minimum of 3.0.
- The cumulative grade point average for the two science courses and the two Area A courses used to earn points on the supplemental nursing application must be a minimum of 3.0.
- The cumulative grade point average for all eight nursing prerequisites, once completed, must be a minimum of 3.0.
- All nursing prerequisites must be completed with grades of C- or higher.
- At the time of application, at least two courses from Area A and at least two pre-requisite science courses must be completed, with the remaining courses in progress.
- This option is for students who have already completed an RN program (associate degree or diploma) or hold a current California RN license. The curricular sequence meets the requirements for Public Health Nursing certification. The RN must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. A minimum of 30 units must be completed in residence at CSU, Chico.
- RNs admitted to the Advanced Placement Option for RN to BSN must have completed all eight nursing prerequisites, all four nursing co-requisites, and all four required lower division general education courses (HIST 130, POLS 155, C1 Arts, C2 Humanities or equivalents) prior to being considered for admission.
Address: 400 W 1st St, Chico, CA 95929
Submit your review