- California State University, Bakersfield Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) training program prepares the next era of local nurses by providing an excellent education that integrates biological, physical, and also social sciences with concentrations in several specialties like pediatrics, obstetrics, and critical care nursing. In addition to classroom coaching and comprehensive training, pupils are subjected to so many different clinical functions and patient populations within the community as part of their program.
- The pre-licensure Bachelor of Science is a nursing training program for students without prior nursing experience which requires roughly one year of pre-requisite courses and three years of focused nursing courses. Upon successful completion of the training program and general education coursework, pupils will earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) and will be qualified to apply for the RN licensure examination.
- CSU Bakersfield also offers a very popular web-based RN-to- Bachelor of Science in a nursing training program for registered nurses (RNs) who already have an Associate Degree in Nursing and wish to obtain a baccalaureate degree. The program enables pupils to complete the baccalaureate degree in 12 to 15 months.
About the school
- California State University, Bakersfield (often shortened CSUB or short to CSU Bakersfield) is a public university situated in Bakersfield, CA, United States Of America, and was established in the year 1965.
- The institution offers 91 various Bachelor’s degrees, twenty types of Master’s degrees, and twelve teaching credentials. The school does not award Doctoral degrees.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $31,134.
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to the university. The university application can be found at
www.csumentor.edu. Graduate students that are seeking a second bachelor’s degree in nursing must apply to the university using the graduate application for post-baccalaureate admissions.
- Fulfill the Department of Nursing prerequisite and general education requirements
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the nursing prerequisite courses(Oral Communication, Written Communication, Critical Thinking, Chemistry: general, inorganic, organic, or integrated (with associated lab if required at the institution where the course was taken), Human Anatomy (with required lab), Human Physiology (with required lab), Microbiology (with required lab), Statistics.).
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the science and math prerequisite courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Statistics).
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) or higher for all prerequisite and cognate courses (Explorations to Psychology, Intro to Sociology or Cultural Anthropology, Nutrition, Lifespan Development, Pathophysiology.). A grade of “C- “ is not acceptable. Prerequisite and cognate grades below “C” will not be accepted for the nursing application or toward nursing degree requirements.
- The Department of Nursing strongly recommends that those interested in CSUB’s nursing program attend an Information Session. Individual advising appointments can be made after attending a session.
- Complete all required course work by established deadlines as indicated on the nursing application.
- Submit a supplemental nursing application including official transcripts and other documentation as applicable during the established nursing application CSUB applicants must either be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residency. Non-U.S. citizens must be able to provide a copy of either of the following: permanent residency card or employment authorization card.
- If admitted, sign and return acceptance form by established deadline (indicated in the admission offer)
- Complete the required background check and drug testing within the time period Outside agencies that are not contracted with CSUB Department of Nursing cannot be accepted.
- Complete the “Incoming Student Packet” by the due date indicated by the Department of Nursing and attend a required program orientation. Failure to complete the requirements will result in being administratively dropped and will not continue with enrollment in the nursing program.
Address: 9001 Stockdale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93311
Phone: (661) 654-2700
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply