Cabrillo College (CC) is a public community college that offers associate degrees and certificates in more than seventy (70) fields of study. The institution itself is named after the explorer Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo. Its major campus is situated in Aptos, California and is positioned overlooking the Monterey Bay. It is among 112 public community colleges in the state of California. The college opened in 1959. Cabrillo College has an enrolment of more than 14,000 pupils.
Classes are offered at 2 locations: the major campus in Aptos at 6500 Soquel Drive as well as the Cabrillo College Watsonville Centre, situated at 318 Union Street in downtown Watsonville. Cabrillo is focused on student-centred learning and has a tradition of collegial, shared governance.
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program at Cabrillo College starts in the fall and spring semesters of every year. It is a four-semester training program.
The Cabrillo College Nursing Training program no longer places students on a wait list. Class selection for the training program will be made up of pupils entering from the Multi-criteria Verification Process and from pupils who already have a place on the wait list; with 50% taken from every group. Program retention is dependent on a minimum grade of “C” in all needed courses in the published nursing training program curriculum. Upon successful completion, pupils are qualified to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Due to the difficult academic nature of the associate degree nursing program, it is advisable to complete the general education prerequisite before entering the program.
Theory courses, practice skills labs and clinical experiences are coordinated to improve learning. There are demanded morning, afternoon, evening and also weekend clinical experiences. Clinical start times might adjust with minimal notice.
Total program cost is USD $12,300
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- (BIO 4, BIO 5, BIO 6, ENG 1A, OR ENG 1AH OR ENG 1AMC OR ENG 1AMCH, MATH 152 OR MATH 152A AND MATH 152B OR MATH 142A AND MATH 142B OR Equivalent is a prerequisite for CHEM 30A AND CHEM 32, which is prerequisites for BIO 5 AND BIO 6).
- The AS Degree Mathematics requirement may be met by successful completion of Intermediate Algebra or equivalent or a higher level Mathematics course with a grade of “C” or better.
- It is also required that all science prerequisites (BIO 4, BIO 5 and BIO 6) be completed with six years of application to the program.
- You must have completed the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to Developed by Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC (ATI).
- All other colleges/universities attended: one sealed official transcripts.
Address: 6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos, CA 95003
Submit your review
Minerva Ochoa says
How long do you have to complete the prerequisites?