The objective of the ADN training program at Cabarrus College is to prepare graduates for beginner level employment as registered nurses (RNs) to meet the swiftly evolving needs for healthcare in our communities.
Upon successful graduation from the ADN training program and also confirmation by Cabarrus College that education demands are fulfilled, pupils meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Graduates passing the examination and meeting board specifications receive the legal title of Registered Nurse (RN) from the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Ábout The School
Established in the year 1942, Cabarrus College offers many different educational programs specializing in health sciences. Master’s, bachelor’s and also associate degrees and also diplomas, certificates, and also continuing education are available on a nonresidential campus in beautiful Concord, North Carolina, United States. At Cabarrus College, they emphasize on small class sizes and also one-on-one, individual communication in a traditional on-campus setting or even via distance education.
In the year 1995, Cabarrus College was certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges/Schools to honor associate degrees. In the year 1998 the North Carolina General Assembly awarded the College the authority to give bachelor’s degrees. In the year 2004, the General Assembly permitted the College authority to honor advanced degrees in nursing or perhaps allied health sciences.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- An official transcript showing evidence of the following high school or college level courses with a preferred minimum grade of “C”:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Standardized test scores on the SAT or ACT:
- minimum SAT critical reading score of 480 and minimum SAT math score of 440
- minimum ACT composite score of 21
- Two professional letters of reference on the College form that address your academic abilities and/or work ethic (e.g., an immediate supervisor, teacher, or professor). If you have been enrolled in another nursing program within the last five years, then one reference must be from a program official or faculty member at the institution attended.
- Evidence of completion of a state approved Nurse Aide I course within the last 14 months or be on the current N.C. NA I registry prior to beginning the first nursing course.
Cabarrus College Of Health Sciences
Address: 401 Medical Park Dr NE, Concord, NC 28025
Submit your review