Butte College is a public college in the Butte-Glenn Community College County that is situated in the northern region of California between the cities of Chico, Oroville, and also Haven, approximately 80 miles (129 km) northern area of the state capital. The school is a two-year class fully approved by the Western Organization of Institutions and Colleges, with intellectual centers in Chico as well as Orland.
After passing of the 1960 Donahoe Act, voters of Butte District developed a local area college County in 1966 to provide the educational as well as vocational wants of its citizens. In 1967, Butte College started out by proposing law enforcement, fire science, and also vocational nursing courses in different destinations all through Butte Region. The college formally launched its entrances to the neighborhood in 1968 at the obsolete Durham Secondary School site, with more than 1900 individuals enlisted at the new school. In 1974, the college relocated from Durham to its very own current location close to the geographic central of Butte Region, in 1975, Glenn District become a member of the Region.
The two-year standard Endorsed Nursing Associate Degree training program trains the undergraduate for licensure as an RN at the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) level. The four-semester training course presents the concept and medical information essential to registered nursing licensure. Upon completion of the college degree, the student is qualified to apply for the national/state licensure assessment for certified nursing..
Total program cost is USD $12,300
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Pupils are accepted by application only. Get in touch with the Nursing Division or check out www.butte.edu/healthoccupations for application dates and times with materials. Entrance to the training program is dependent on academic and also standard prerequisites. In cases where there are many qualified prospects compared to spaces in the training program, a programmed lottery is going to be utilized to pick candidates to be enrolled.
- Requirements for Application as well as Entrance: Age bracket seventeen years or older with a 12th-grade education or equivalent.
- Completion of all the requirements courses (prerequisites might not be in progress during the time of application).
- An over-all grade point average ( GPA ) of 2 .5 for Human Anatomy and Physiology, and Microbiology courses, without any grade less than “C” for every course and no multiple repetitions of any of these courses.
- An over-all GPA of 2 .5 for all requirement courses.
- A minimum 62% composite score on the TEAS V assessment (could possibly be done once).
- Applicants who were unsuccessful, a couple of times, from one of the nursing program (LVN and/or RN) are ineligible to submit an application.
- Persons with alcohol and drug abuse problems or with conviction of crimes significantly associated with the practice of nursing might not be rewarded a professional license by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Fingerprints are an essential part of the application for licensure. Records that are expunged or closed and juvenile history will be accessed and evaluated. To find out more, make sure you check out the following website: http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/enforcement/discguide.pdf
- The Nursing Unit will not acknowledge web-based labs for BIOL 20 Human Anatomy, BIOL 21 Human Physiology or even BIOL 15 Introduction to Microbiology.
- To acquire an Associate’s college degree, pupils must finish both the main prerequisites and the graduation conditions outlined at the start of the Career and Technical Education Programs division of that catalog.
Address: 3536 Butte Campus Drive Oroville, CA 95965
Telephone: (530) 895-2511
Submit your review
Leave a Reply