The associate’s degree training program in Nursing in Brown Mackie College provides pupils with concepts and knowledge from general education along with the biological and behavioral sciences, and also the science of nursing. This knowledge develops the foundation for making use of the nursing process in professional practice. Concurrent integration of theory into clinical exercise is a significant feature of professional nursing education.
The training program grooms students for the testing needed by the Kansas State Board of Nursing for the licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). A Registered Nurse (RN) can work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, home health, as well as a number of other health-care fields.
About the school
Brown Mackie College is situated in the United States Of America. The college offers bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees as well as certificates in programs such as early childhood education, information technology, health sciences and legal studies. Brown Mackie’s schools are presently acquired by Education Management Corporation (EDMC).
The authentic Brown Mackie College was established in 1892 in Salina, Kansas as the Kansas Wesleyan Institution of Business. In the year 1938, 2 of its previous trainers, A.B. Mackie and Perry E. Brown, incorporated the school as The Brown Mackie School of Business. The institution was certified by the Kansas Board of Regents to provide associate degrees in 1986
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,350
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Each applicant for admission is assigned a Student Success Coordinator who directs the applicant through the steps of the admissions process, providing information on curriculum, policies, procedures, and services, and assisting the applicant in setting necessary appointments and interviews.
- To be considered for admissions to the College, a candidate must be a high school graduate or hold a General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- As part of the admissions process applicants must sign a document attesting to graduation or completion and containing the information to obtain verification of
- Official igh school transcripts or official documentation of high school graduation equivalency must be obtained within the first financial aid payment period or the student will be withdrawn from the institution.
- Students seeking entry into the College with a high school diploma completed in a foreign country must provide an original U.S.– equivalency evaluation from an evaluating agency which is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICES).
- In addition, applicants seeking enrollment must obtain the following minimum score on the College’s academic readiness assessment in order to be accepted*:
- Reading – 51
- Results of the academic readiness assessment will also be used to determine placement in transitional courses in English and/or math.
- Applicants seeking enrolment in the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program must show proof of a current Kansas or Missouri Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certificate
- Applicants seeking enrollment in the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program must obtain the following in order to be accepted**:
A minimum cumulative score of 70% in the subjects tested on the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam*
Clear criminal background check
Clear drug screen)
Brown Mackie College
Address: 9705 Lenexa Dr, Lenexa, KS 66215, USA
Submit your review