The AAS nursing degree training program is licensed by the New York State Department of Education and is an associate of the national league for nursing. Certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in nursing (A.C.E.N); initially, national league for nursing Accrediting Commission, (N.L.N.A.C).
It is Endorsed by the State Education Division the University of the State of New York and an associate of the national league for nursing (N.L.N.)
Graduates of the nursing training program meet the requirements to take the Registered Nursing licensure examination (NCLEX-RN) given by the State of New York. Nursing pupils are required to pay for the NCLEX-RN exam. The cost is roughly $335.
About The School
The Bronx Community College (BCC) of The City University of New York is a community college situated in the University Heights district of The Bronx on a monument campus. It is a part of the City University of New York system.
Total estimated program cost is USD $22,910
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A passing score on both the Cuny/ACt reading and Writing Skills Assessment tests.
- To be eligible for PHM 10, the student must be exempt from MtH 5 (including 40 or above on m2 on the Cuny ComPASS exam) or has a grade of “C” or better, or a grade of “P” in MtH 5.
- To be eligible for admission into nursing coursework (nur designated courses) students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.70, with a minimum grade of “C” or better in the pre-clinical sequence (COMM 11, ENG 10 or 11, PSY 11) and a “C+” or better is required in BIO 23 and PHM 10. If a student has earned a passing grade of “C-“, “D+”, “D”, “D-“ or a failing grade of “F” or “Wu” in COMM 11, ENG 10 or 11, or PSY 11, the student will not be eligible for admission into the registered nursing program (RN), even if she/he retakes the course. This also applies to students who transfer into BCC’s nursing program from other institutions. PHM 10 and BIO 23 must be passed with a “C+” or better. These courses can only be repeated once to achieve that grade. BCC students sitting out for a year or more will be held to the new standards.
- TEAS V examination- TEAS V Scores from another institution are not accepted.
- Transfer students from other institutions must be in good academic standing. Students who are on academic probation, have failed out of a nursing program, or have been dismissed (ethical, integrity or safety issues) from any nursing program at a previous school are not eligible for admission to the BCC registered nursing (RN) Program.
The Bronx Community College
Address: 2155 University Ave, Bronx, NY 10453
Submit your review
Leave a Reply