- Brenau University provides various ways to obtain a BSN degree.
- The baccalaureate nursing training program at Brenau that was established in 1978 by the merger of the Hall School of Nursing and Brenau results in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (B.S.N.). The BSN Training program has Georgia Board of Nursing authorization and is licensed by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Register full time via the Women’s College. This track requires five semesters or 2 years to complete once admitted to nursing. Lessons for this track are offered on Mondays and also Fridays during the day with clinical rotations every Tuesday and also Wednesday.
- The Part-time BSN training program is a Bachelor of Science in a nursing degree which can be done with lessons offered evenings and also weekends. This track is the best means for people who work full time, but wish to become nurses. Lessons are offered on Tuesday and also Thursday evenings with clinical rotations every other weekend. Both options ready you to sit for the registered nurse licensure examination following graduation.
- The RN-BSN training program is meant for practicing professional nurses desiring to improve their position within the profession
About the school
- Brenau University in Gainesville, Georgia, United States Of America, founded in 1878, is a non-public, not-for-profit, undergraduate and also graduate-level higher education institution with several campuses and also online programs.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,190
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Following is the criteria for acceptance into Brenau University Mary Inez Grindle School of Nursing’s BSN program.
- GPA Requirements. You must have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 with a minimum Science GPA of 2.5. The Cumulative GPA is based on all college course work ever attempted and accepted by Brenau. Due to the competitive nature of nursing admissions those admitted into the program are typically at or above a 3.0 GPA. The Science GPA is based on the highest grade earned in the last five years in the following courses. Course grades earned in the following courses taken prior to the last five years require these courses to be re-taken or reviewed for acceptance.
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BY209)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BY210)
- Principles of Chemistry (CY103)
- Microbiology (BY206)
- Satisfactory completion of courses. You must have already completed all mandatory prerequisite courses with no more than six hours of incomplete liberal education courses. Mandatory prerequisites include liberal education courses. Liberal education courses are waived if applicant has an Associate’s degree or degree in another discipline. The English mandatory prerequisites EH 101 and EH 102 can be waived for those with a Bachelor’s degree.
- HESI Nursing Admissions Test. You must achieve a minimum score of 75%. More information on this test can be found here.
- Background check and drug screening results. One opportunity is given to provide acceptable background and drug screen results. Only a negative drug screen result is acceptable. A background check revealing a felony charge is not acceptable. If there is a misdemeanor charge(s), the applicant must contact the Georgia Board of Nursing for information regarding licensure exam qualifications.
For the RN-BSN program, the criteria are the same except:
- No HESI admissions exam required.
- Current RN license or verification is required.
Address: 500 Washington St SE, Gainesville, GA 30501
Submit your review