The Brazosport College ADN Training program is a two year training program awarding an Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.). Upon satisfactory completion of all college as well as training program demands, graduates meet the requirements to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The ADN training program is certified by the Texas Board of Nursing. The Associate Degree in Nursing application cycle opens up in mid-January and also shuts mid-April.
About The School
Brazosport College, or perhaps BC, is a public, co-educational college situated in Lake Jackson, Texas in Greater Houston, United States. The institution was unveiled in 1968 and offers two (2) year and four (4) year degrees.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete college admission application online at applytexas.org and satisfy all college admission requirements, including an advising session with a college admissions counselor.
- Submit all official transcripts to the Brazosport College Registrar’s office.
- Complete college admission testing (TSI); with scores indicating college level readiness in each of the three categories: reading, writing, and math.
- Complete a FASFA online at fafsa.gov and complete all forms required by BC Financial Aid. (college requirement)
- Complete ALL required steps for ADN application and submit by the published deadline.
- Satisfactory FBI criminal background check (only if admitted to ADN Cohort)
- Take TEAS** readiness assessment during the application period
- TEAS assessment may be repeated once per year. The first attempt score (per year) is the score used to assess readiness. Generally, a TEAS score or index level of “Proficient” is the minimum competitive level.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better to apply. Average GPA for accepted applicants is 3.0 and greater
- *Complete the following prerequisites courses by end of semester of the application period. Science courses must have been completed within 5 years of the application period. Any and all expired science courses must be retaken in their entirety.
- *Anatomy & Physiology I BIOL 2301 & BIOL 2101
- *Anatomy & Physiology II BIOL 2302 & BIOL 2102
- Medical Terminology HITT 1305
- English I ENGL 1301
- *Microbiology BIOL 2320 & BIOL 2120
Address: 500 College Blvd, Lake Jackson, TX 77566
Submit your review