- For approximately 30 years, Bowie State has cultivated naturally caring individuals into dynamic nursing professionals. The Bachelor of Science training program, one of the most respected in the area, features a state-of-the-art simulation laboratory and also community-based clinical placements to develop pupils to deliver the best in client care. You will think critically, learn new technologies, build leadership skills and also work collaboratively as part of a health care team to fulfill the needs of worldwide communities, from your neighborhood to developing locations abroad. Graduate with the knowledge and also skills essential to start a career providing outstanding service to those in need.
- What sets them aside from other programs: their enthusiasm for increasing the number of eligible individuals of color in the nursing field. They believe excellent students make the best nurses and also their liberal arts-based curriculum, infused with content from the social sciences, arts, humanities and also computer science as well as health and science, opens up options and also possibilities in an extensive range of careers.
- Second Degree Accelerated BS Nursing Training program Track: A rapid-paced degree training program for students who have completed some college courses or have already attained a bachelor’s degree.
- The baccalaureate nursing training program is endorsed by the Maryland Board of Nursing and also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Graduates meet the requirements to take the state licensure examination to become registered nurses.
About the school
- Bowie State University (also referred to as “Bowie State”) is a public school situated on 355½ acres in unincorporated Prince George’s Region, Maryland, United States Of America, north of the suburban city of Bowie. Bowie State is a member of the University System of Maryland. Bowie State is Maryland’s most ancient historically black university as well as one of the ten most ancient in the region. Bowie State is a member-school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
- Bowie State University is the most ancient HBCU in Maryland. It was established in 1865 by the Baltimore Association for the Moral and Educational Improvement of Coloured Individuals as a teaching school.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,085
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Obtain general university admission through the Bowie State University Office of Admissions.
- Complete a nursing program application packet (which includes a request for):
- Completion of an application form.
- An autobiographical summary (two page maximum). Please address the following:
- Tell us about yourself (family/academic background).
- Explain why you are interested in the Traditional BS Nursing Program?
- How has your experience prepared you for this opportunity?
- What qualities do you believe to be most necessary to be an effective nurse?
- What personal qualities do you possess which makes you an effective nurse?
- What are your long-term goals/plans after graduating from our program? (Graduate school/work)?
- Two reference letters (Attach two sealed letters of reference from persons who know you in a professional or academic capacity – employer, professor, mentor, community service representative – and can discuss your suitability for pursuing a degree in nursing)
- Sealed official academic transcripts: (one copy per each nursing program application)
- Document the following grade point average (GPA) –
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
- Science GPA of 3.0 or better (Science courses cannot be older than five (5) years.)
- Interview with Department of Nursing’s Faculty Admission Review Committee (After the student has completed this process, a letter is sent to all applicants confirming the status of their nursing admission candidacy.)
Address: 14000 Jericho Park Rd, Bowie, MD 20715
Submit your review