The RN bridge program for Idaho nurses commenced in 2008 and intended to help Licensed Practical Nurses receive their ADN degree and acquire their Registered Nurse (RN) license from the state of Idaho. It also equips its graduates to take the NCLEX-RN, the RN nursing examination required by most states in the US before a person can practice as an RN.
About the school
Boise State University (BSU) is a college established in 1932 by the Episcopal Church, the institution grew into an independent junior college in 1934, and since 1965, it has been awarding baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Boise State University offers about 201 degrees in 190 fields of study and has well over 100 graduate programs.
It also offers MPA program in the College of Social Sciences & Public Affairs, MBA and MA programs in Business and Economics; Arts & Sciences, Masters and Ph.D. programs in the Colleges of Engineering, and Education. The university qualified as a National University, Tier 2 in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 College Rankings, implying that its composite score ranked in the bottom 25% of universities in that category.
Total program cost is about $14,000 for residents and $43,000 for non-residents.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Review the application requirements based upon your student status as a pre-nursing, transfer, returning or second degree student.
- Schedule an appointment with the Pre-Nursing Academic Advisor to confirm that you meet all prerequisite and GPA requirements.
- If you are not a current Boise State student, apply to Boise State as a Transfer Student, a Second Bachelor’s Degree Student, or a Returning/Former Student.
Complete and submit the online BS-Nursing Application. The current application is available at the beginning of the semester. You will need the following information in order to complete the application:
- Your Boise State ID number and email address.
- PDF files of all unofficial transcripts with required courses highlighted (both completed and in progress). Use your transcripts to enter required information on the application.
- PDF files of course descriptions for any courses not taken at Boise State or which have not already transferred to Boise State.
- A valid credit card. You cannot complete the application without paying the $20.00 application fee.
NOTE: To save and return to the application, please copy the link provided or email it to yourself.
HOW APPLICANTS ARE EVALUATED FOR ADMISSION
Admission to the BS-Nursing program is competitive and space is limited to 60 students each application cycle. Applicants are rank ordered using the cumulative GPA earned in BIOL 227, BIOL 228, MATH 254, and CHEM 101/101L or CHEM 111/111L. The cumulative GPA for these four courses is calculated twice for accuracy, the Associate Director of the Undergraduate Program reviews the ranking, and the top 60 ranked applicants are offered conditional admission.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
Before attending classes, students offered conditional admission are required to:
- pass a Criminal Background Check and a Drug/Alcohol Test.
- complete any in progress BS-Nursing prerequisites with the required GPA.
- meet certain physical/emotional requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation. For more information, see the School of Nursing Performance Standards.
- attend at a mandatory new student BS-Nursing Orientation on the Friday before classes begin.
- submit a Pre-Entrance Health Assessment Form.
Boise State University
Boise, Idaho 83704
Submit your review
Leave a Reply