- Through experienced faculty, a challenging clinical training program and a biblical approach to the nursing profession, BJU’s nursing training program will equip you to serve the Lord as a competent, confident and also compassionate nurse.
- As a nursing pupil at BJU, you will gain a robust academic foundation via intensive courses such as Human Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmacology and also Microbiology (to name a few). You will also acquire significant practical experience via a patient simulator lab with an adult, child, maternal and newborn simulators, providing as lifelike an experience as possible, complete with breath sounds and also essential signs.
- Before graduating, you will complete six semesters of clinical experience (most RN programs feature only four semesters of clinical). Practicum, a capstone experience throughout your senior year, will solidify your nursing skills and also judgment, as well as give you possibilities for development of leadership and also management skills.
- A vital part of your education as a nurse is 3-years of clinical courses, including a full semester of critical care courses as well as a 6-week practicum.
About the school
- Bob Jones University is a non-public, non-denominational Protestant institution in Greenville, South Carolina, United States Of America, known for its conservative cultural and also religious positions.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $26,175
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Please note that meeting the following minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission into clinical courses. The “preferred” grades/scores noted in each of the requirements below indicate what is typically necessary for students to gain admission to clinical courses and to succeed in the Nursing program as a whole.
- Successful completion of the following courses with a final grade of C- or above (preferred: A or B)
- Bio 102: Principles of Biology
- Chm 106: Bio-organic Chemistry I
- Bio 303: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Nu 105: Interpersonal Skills for Nurses
- Chm 105: Foundations of Chemistry
- FN 101: Basic Nutrition
- Successful completion of the Kaplan Admission Test from Kaplan Integrated Testing (offered in January of each year). Students with a composite score of 67 or above will be given first priority for admission into clinical nursing courses (preferred Kaplan composite score: ≥ 70; preferred Kaplan science: ≥ 55).
- ACT Test Scores: scores of 20 or above on the math, science and composite
areas (must be from a single test). Students entering the freshman year with one or more scores below 20 should repeat the ACT test no later than December in order to achieve the required scores in preparation for the evaluation process in the spring (preferred composite ACT score: ≥ 23).
- Obtaining a grade point average of 2.75 or above at Bob Jones University.
Each student’s performance on the above entrance requirements will be reviewed with the student during a required interview with the Chair of the Division of Nursing prior to the end of the freshman year.
Address: 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29614, USA
Submit your review