With regard to Bluegrass Community and Technical College Lawrenceburg objective of providing top-notch education and learning, the Associate Degree Nursing Training program prepares graduates to pass the National Council Licensure Examination to become registered nurses. Associate Degree in NursingThe training program curriculum incorporates general education and nursing education as well as being certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and is endorsed by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. The training program faculty support life-long learning and workforce development via faculty endeavors in continuing education and community service.
Bluegrass Associate Degree Nursing training program has two campuses that prepare pupils to become registered nurses (RNs). The Cooper campus offers classes in the daytime, and also our Lawrenceburg campus offers classes in the evening as well as the weekend .
Admission is available to all eligible pupils irrespective of economic or social status, and without discrimination on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, beliefs, age, national origin, or handicap.
The duration of the Associate Degree Nursing program (ADN), including general education courses is five semesters.
Graduates of the Associate Degree Nursing training program are awarded an Associate of Applied Science Degree and are qualified by coursework to sit the NCLEX-RN. Successful completion of the NCLEX-RN and licensure by a state Board of Nursing enables the graduate to look for employment as a Registered Nurse (RN).
About the school
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC), situated in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States, is among the sixteen two (2) year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). It was established in 2005. It was created from the combination of 2 different institutions: Lexington Community College and also Central Kentucky Technical College.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,150
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
You may be admitted to the program before completing the pre-requisite classes, but the courses must be successfully completed before enrolling in the Nursing 101 course.
- Attend one of the scheduled pre-admission conferences.
- Submit completed application packet to the Office of Admission no later than March 1st.
- Submit a completed application for admission to BCTC if you are not a current student.
- Official transcripts for ALL colleges, universities, and/or vocational schools attended since high school.
- NLN PAX RN Exam, must be current within 3 years.
- College Algebra (MAT 150, formerly MA 109) or Contemporary Mathematics (MA111) or higher with a grade of “C” or better
- General Psychology (PSY 110)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 137, formerly BSL 110) with a grade of “C” or better
- Prior to enrolling in Nursing 101, students must provide documentation of required immunizations, CPR certification, active status on the Medicaid Nurse Aide Registry, and documentation of computer literacy as defined by KCTCS.
- Successfully graduated from PN program.
Bluegrass Community And Technical College Lawrenceburg
Address: 1500 Bypass N, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342, USA
Phone: +1 502-839-8488
Submit your review