The A.D. Nursing training program in Blue Ridge Community College graduates can take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN) or move to a four (4) year school and receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.).
The training program has two components, pre-clinical and also clinical, with standalone admissions demands for both components.
Pre-clinical pupils take general education courses (27 credits) whilst after finishing pre-clinical coursework; pupils take a Nursing Entrance Test as well as submit an application for admission to the clinical component of the training program. Clinical pupils take 39 credits of nursing courses with practical clinical practice to prepare them to work with patients.
The nursing training program is endorsed by the Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center and certified by the ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing).
About The School
Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC) is a community college situated in Weyers Cave, Virginia in Augusta County, United States. The campus is situated between Interstate 81 and also U.S. Route 11 just outside Weyers Cave, United States. The institution is part of the Virginia Community College System and also serves pupils from the towns of Harrisonburg, Staunton, and also Waynesboro, Virginia, and the regions of Augusta, Highland and also Rockingham. Blue Ridge also has a satellite site at Augusta Health in Fishersville, Virginia, USA. It was established in 1967.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,373
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A completed Application of Admission to BRCC, specifying nursing as your plan of study
- Official high school transcripts. Current high school students must submit a transcript. (A final transcript will be required in June for high school candidates with tentative acceptance).
- SAT* scores (before March 2016) of 500/Critical Reading, 500/Writing and 520/Math
- SAT* scores (after March 2016) of 560/ERW (Evidence Based Reading and Writing), 550/Math
- ACT* scores of 18/English, 18/Reading, and 22/Math
- High school credit in Biology, Chemistry, Algebra (with a minimum grade of C in each)**.
*SAT or ACT tests must have been taken within the last two years.
**Prerequisite coursework at BRCC will be required if high school requirements were not met.
- Sent official transcripts of all high school and coursework taken at non-VCCS colleges attempted or completed (LPN transcripts for students who completed LPN training).
- Earned a curricular GPA of at least 2.50 if pre-clinical courses have been taken prior to application to the clinical component. All non-nursing courses that have been attempted must be passed with a “C” or better before entering a NUR course.
- Completed the Nursing Entrance Test with a passing score of 45% or higher. Note that successful applicants usually score in the 80s or 90s.
Address: 1 College Ln, Weyers Cave, VA 24486, USA
Submit your review