- Bloomsburg University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing is awarded to pupils who complete the demands for the degree. Degree recipients (non-R.N.) are then qualified to take the NCLEX licensure exam administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. All students must assume accountability for their travel to both inpatient and also outpatient/community clinical organizations at the start of the sophomore year. Travel may differ from one mile to roughly 40 miles, depending on the nature of clinical experiences. A pupil may have to travel to off-site locations for nursing classes.
- All nursing majors take courses in psychology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, introductory and physiological chemistry and choose from sociology or cultural anthropology.
- Students work with their adviser to finish their B.S.N. curriculum with elective courses that support personal interests and also career objectives. The undergraduate training program is fully endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
About the school
- The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, generally known as Bloomsburg, BU or even Bloom, is a comprehensive public institution situated in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, United States Of America.
- It is among the 14 state universities of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Bloomsburg University is certified by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, as well as by AACSB, ABET, NCATE, and also by many other professional accrediting agencies.
- It was founded as Bloomsburg Academy in 1839. In 1856 it was renamed Bloomsburg Literary Institute. The name turned Bloomsburg Literary Institute and State Normal School in 1869.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,860
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
BU’s admission guidelines are designed to admit students with the potential to excel in the profession of nursing. Nursing majors must have achieved the following:
- Complete and submit an official application with $35 non-refundable fee to the Office of Admissions
- 18 academic units from secondary school
- These must include a minimum of 4 units of English, 2 units of mathematics (one unit of which is algebra) and 2 units of science with related laboratory or the equivalent, plus 7 academic units taken in grades 9 through 12
- A grade point average of B or higher in high school
- Minimum grade of B or higher in high school chemistry
- Score of 1100 SATs, with minimum of 500 on each portion is desirable
- Upper 25% high school class rank
Address: 400 E 2nd St, Bloomsburg, PA 17815, USA
Submit your review