The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum in Bladen Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and techniques to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to satisfy personal needs which impact health, good quality of life, and achievement of possibility.
Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic person. Content emphasizes the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while employing evidence- based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment chances are substantial within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, extended, chronic, industrial, and community health care facilities.
Ábout The School
Bladen Community College is a community college situated in Dublin, North Carolina, USA; the school serves Bladen County.
Bladen Community College was founded on October 5, 1967, as Bladen Technical Institute, and chartered on January 14, in the year1971, under the authority of North Carolina General Statute 115A, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,500
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application-Complete general college application requirements in the Office of Student
- Placement Test– Students must have ACCUPLACER Math scores of 7 or more on DMA-010, DMA-020, DMA-030, DMA-040, and DMA-050; and a composite
ACCUPLACER Reading, Writing, and essay score of 151 or higher.
- Program Counseling-Immediately following the ACCUPLACER Test, applicants will be counseled by a member of the Student Services Counseling Staff.
- High School Transcript- Applicants must have an official high school or high school equivalency transcript sent to the college.
- College Transcripts– Applicants should have official transcripts from all post-secondary education courses sent directly from the forwarding institution to the college. Student copies are not acceptable.
- Pre-requisites (courses required priorto admission)- Applicants must have completed the following courses or their equivalents as determined by the Registrar, with a grade of “C” or better. The following prerequisite
science courses must have been completed within seven (7)years:
- *High School Biology or Biology 110/111 or an equivalent. (Musthave been completed after June 15, 2010). BIO 163, BIO 168, BIO 169 and BIO 275 are NOT equivalent courses to BIO 110/111
- *High School Chemistry or Chemistry 090 or an equivalent. (Must have been completed after June 15, 2010).
3.* Nursing Assistant Level I Certification with current listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry, without substantiated findings by May 20, 2017.
NOTE: Applicant must complete the NA I course, testing, and be on the registry prior to the March 1 deadline, unless provisional for May 20,2017.
- ENG 095/DRE 098 or an equivalent
- MAT 070/DMA 010-050 or an equivalent
- Nursing Entrance Test: Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC offers the Test of Essential Academic Skills– ATI TEAS for short. This test has four parts:
Reading– paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions (53items, 64minutes)
Math– whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions, decimals, algebraic
equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion (36items, 54minutes)
Science– science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, and general science (53items, 63minutes)
English and Language Usage– punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling (28items, 28minutes)
Bladen Community College
Address: 7418 NC Hwy 41W, Dublin, NC 28332
Submit your review