Graduates of the nursing training program are prepared to work in the role of an entry-level staff nurse in many different health-care functions such as acute care, long-term care, as well as some community health-care functions.
The Blackhawk Technical College Nursing Training program is a four-semester course which includes classroom, skills lab and also clinical experiences. The pupils have the choice of completing the very first two semesters of nursing courses and also taking an assessment which could lead to a license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The majority of pupils would prefer to complete all four semesters of nursing courses which enables them to take the examination leading to a license as a Registered Nurse (RN).
This nursing training program has been endorsed by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing. The Associate Degree Training program is certified by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
About The School
Blackhawk Technical College (generally Blackhawk Tech) is a technical school in Rock County, Wisconsin, USA and a part of the Wisconsin Technical College System. The primary campus sits between the towns of Beloit and also Janesville; there are also a number of other satellite sites.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,505
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit completed Wisconsin Technical College Application for Admission, online at blackhawk.edu.
- Request copies of your transcripts – high school, GED or HSED, and/or college.
- Submit ONE of the following placement assessments:
– Accuplacer* -Free and offered at BTC (Please bring valid photo ID) Call or email to schedule an appointment for testing: (608) 757-7666 or [email protected] *Students can retest one time and cost for retest is $10
– ACT or SAT – Submit your official copy of scores, or request scores from ACT or SAT.
- Apply to Blackhawk Tech College:
- Complete paper application form & submit to the Admissions Office
- Complete entrance exam (Compass or ACT)
- Pay $ 30 admission fee
- Submit official high school transcript, and official college transcripts from all colleges you have attended.
- Complete all pre-petition course requirements
- Chemistry – One year of high school chemistry with lab OR one semester of college chemistry with lab with a grade of C or better.
- Acceptable BTC Courses:
- Chemistry Prep –856-787 OR
- General Chemistry –806-134 OR
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry –806-199
- Written Communication with a grade of B-or better
- General Anatomy & Physiology with a grade of B-or better
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology with a grade of B-or better
- A copy of your LPN license
- Complete 1,000 hours of documented LPN work experience
- Complete the TEAS and Fundamental ATI exams
o Must achieve the following score:
- TEAS–Proficient level
- Fundamental ATI –Level 2
Blackhawk Technical College
Address: 6004 S County Road G, Janesville, WI 53546, USA
Submit your review