The Dakota Nursing Training program is conjunction with Bismarck State College, Williston State College, Lake Region State College, and also Dakota College at Bottineau. Pupils learn nursing training as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or maybe advanced training as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Nursing education is structured as a career ladder. Pupils meet the requirements to earn a Certificate in Practical Nursing after the very first eleven months of nursing classes. If requirements are fulfilled, such as maintaining a minimum needed training program GPA of 2.75, pupils may carry on and also complete the 2nd year, which leads to an Associate in Applied Science degree in Nursing (AAS).
Year 1- Pupils who successfully finish the curriculum earn a Program Certificate in Practical Nursing (PN). Pupils may decide to continue into Year two and/or apply to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Practical Nursing Examination (NCLEX-PN).
Year 2- Pupils who successfully finish the syllabus earn an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing and are qualified to take the NCSBN examination (NCLEX-RN).
The Dakota Nursing Programs Associate Degree in Applied Science in Nursing has Continued Complete Authorization via March 2019 by the North Dakota Board of Nursing. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) awarded first 5 year accreditation of the Associate Degree Nursing Training program at Bismarck State College.
About The School
Bismarck State College, situated in Bismarck, the capital metropolis of the U.S. state of North Dakota, is the 3rd biggest college in the North Dakota University System with 3,781 college students as of the year September 2016.Total estimated program cost is USD $12,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unemcumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the United States.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in all prerequisite courses (including Nursing courses) and an overall minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Admission to Bismarck State College as well as completion of a formal application to the Associate Degree program of the Dakota Nursing Program.
- Pass a pre-admission examination.
- Current enrollment or satisfactory completion with a “C” or better in each of the following courses (all required Nursing courses from an approved Practical Nursing Program):
- ENGL 110 College Composition I
- PSYC 111 Introduction to Psychology
- BIOL 221 Anatomy and Physiology II
- & 221L and Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- PHRM 215 Introduction to Pharmacology
(must be within 7 years of ADN admission)
- PSYC 250 Developmental Psychology
If any required science courses must be repeated, a grade of 2.0 (“C”) or higher must be achieved on the first repeat.
- Students who meet the prerequisites and have their files complete are accepted into the program based on BSC’s Dakota Nursing Program admission criteria.
- English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL) required for students born outside of USA and Canada.
Bismarck State College
Address: 1500 Edwards Ave, Bismarck, ND 58506
Submit your review