- The training program for the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing degree demands 126 credit hours of study, comprising 52 credits of nursing courses and also 74 credits of nursing prerequisites, general education courses as well as electives.
- Modern complex healthcare system demands the best preparation for the professional practice of nursing.
- Graduates meet the requirements to take the national licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) to become registered professional nurses (RN). Decker graduates continue to pass this examination at Grades above state and also national averages/grades.
- The Decker School directly accepts an incoming first-year students cohort These students are considered nursing majors once they pay their enrollment down payment. It is not necessary for accepted first-year students to re-apply to the nursing training program following completion of nursing prerequisites.
About the school
- The State University of NY at Binghamton, typically known as Binghamton University, is a public research institution with campuses in Binghamton, Vestal, and also Johnson City, New York, United States Of America.
- Since its formation as Triple Cities College in 1946, the institution has changed from a small liberal arts college to a big doctoral-granting institution.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Prerequisite course completion is required prior to starting the core nursing courses. In the traditional four-year plan, nursing prerequisites typically take four semesters (freshmen and sophomore years) to complete.
Prerequisite Binghamton Course
- Composition I C or J Gen Ed
- Composition II C or J Gen Ed
- Statistics MATH 147, MATH 148, PSYC 243 (choose 1)
- Intro Biology* BIOL 118
- Anatomy and Physiology I BIOL 251
- Anatomy and Physiology II BIOL 347
- Microbiology BIOL 224 (prior to spring 2016) or BIOL 319
- General Chemistry I CHEM 101, CHEM 107, CHEM 111 (choose 1)
- General Chemistry II CHEM 102, CHEM 108, CHEM 111 (choose 1)
- Intro Psychology PSYC 111
- Developmental Psychology PSYC 220
Anatomy, physiology, chemistry and microbiology courses expire after 10 years. Decker requires comprehensive examinations in expired prerequisite subject areas or a repeat of coursework to demonstrate proficiency.
All courses must be taken for at least three credits. It is expected that anatomy, chemistry, microbiology and physiology include a laboratory component.
Applicants must be graduates of accredited secondary schools or have an equivalent education. Admission is competitive and high school students must demonstrate strength in biology, chemistry and mathematics. In addition, candidates must submit test scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or the American College Test (ACT).
Address: 4400 Vestal Parkway East, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
Submit your review