Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) offers a two (2) year training program leading to the Associate in Applied Science Degree.
The associate degree Nursing curriculum grooms graduates to provide and handle client care as well as to become associates within the field of Nursing.
The Nursing Training program is offered on the Prestonsburg Campus of Big Sandy Community and Technical College. Clinical learning experiences are conducted in health-care delivery facilities all through the region including although not restricted to Pike, Floyd, Johnson, and also Magoffin counties. Transportation to the community organizations is the accountability of every student.
About the school
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC), with its corporate headquarters in Prestonsburg, Kentucky, United States, is among the sixteen two (2) year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and also Technical College System (KCTCS). It was established in 2003 from the combination of Prestonsburg Community College and also Mayo Technical College.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College controls four (4) campus locations: Prestonsburg Campus (initially Prestonsburg Community College) in Prestonsburg; Mayo Campus (initially Mayo Technical College) in Paintsville; Hager Hill Campus in Hager Hill; and also Pikeville Campus in Pikeville
Big Sandy Community and Technical College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,150
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- BIO 137 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIO 139 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIO 225 Medical Microbiology
- MAT 150 College Algebra
- PSY 110 General Psychology
- PSY 223 Developmental Psychology
- Written Communication Courses
- Oral Communication Course
- Heritage/ Humanities Course
- CPR requirements must be successfully completed prior to enrolling in the first nursing course and must be kept current throughout the program.
- Documentation of successful completion of a minimum 75-hour nursing assistant course, or its equivalent, and documentation of computer/ digital literacy as defined by KCTCS is required prior to enrolling in the first nursing course.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College
Address: 1 Bert Combs Dr, Prestonsburg, KY 41653
Submit your review
Leave a Reply