Bevill State Community College is a two-year institution of higher learning situated in Sumiton, Alabama. The college has been accredited since 1994 by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and enrolls 3,986 students. By the year 2009, the college had four campuses and one center; the Fayette Campus, the Hamilton Campus, the Jasper Campus, the Sumiton Campus and the Pickens Center. The college’s service area is a seven-county region containing over 250,000 people.
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) course is a five-semester program charged with preparing professional nurses (RN’s) to deal with health care requirements of the community in both acute and long-term care settings where policies and procedures are precise. The core themes used to develop contents within the syllabus include the nursing process, communication, critical thinking, safety, client education, ethical-legal issues, the health-illness continuum, and pharmacology. The ADN program integrates nursing courses with broad-spectrum educational courses. The nursing courses cover classroom instruction with guided clinical skills in diverse health care agencies.
Total program cost is USD $14,212.50
Entrance into the Nursing Program is competitive and the number of faculties and clinical facilities available limits the number of students. Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete Admissions Requirements to the college.
- Must be in good standing with the College.
- Unconditional Admissions to the College with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- BSCC College Admissions Application Completed and Submitted.
- All Official Transcripts sent to BSCC (Nursing application WILL NOT be reviewed until all transcripts have been received).
- Must be eligible to enroll in English 101, Math 100 and Biology 201 upon admission.
- A minimum composite score of 18 on residual or national ACT.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA is required on a 4.0 scale based on the nursing required academic core courses. The core college courses are English Composition I, Intermediate College Algebra, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, Microbiology, Human Growth & Development, Speech and a Humanities Elective (Art or Music Appreciation, Philosophy, Ethics, Religion, or a foreign language).
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA is required for high school students without any prior college work (GED acceptable).
- Must Meet the Health Science Programs Essential Functions–click here to review and print your copy
- A clear background check will be required before enrollment/registration in Nursing program.
Bevill State Community College
4 Campuses and 1 Educational Site
2631 Temple Avenue N
Fayette, Alabama 35555
1481 Military Street S
Hamilton, Alabama 35570
1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper, Alabama 35501
101 State Street
Sumiton, Alabama 35148
491 Tuscaloosa Avenue
Carrolton, Alabama 35447