- Bethel University B.S. in Nursing is for students who are enthusiastic about caring for the health of other people. You will acquire a mastery of technical knowledge and also critical thinking, competence in nursing theory and also process, as well as skilled use of evidence-based practice. You will learn how to integrate the knowledge and also the skill of nursing with service provided in a caring, Christ-like manner.
- The BSN program is meant for pupils who wish to work in close collaboration with persons, families, and also communities to promote health and also provide care for sickness and end of life. Graduates of the training program meet the criteria to apply to take the NCLEX licensure exam (for registered nurses).
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing.
About the school
- Bethel University is an evangelical Christian higher education school with roughly 6,000 students from 36 nations enlisted in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and also adult education programs. The primary campus is situated in Arden Hills, Minnesota, a suburb of St. Paul, as well as the seminary, has another campus in San Diego, United States.
- Bethel University started in Chicago, Illinois, USA, as a seminary for Baptist immigrants from Sweden. John Alexis Edgren started a division for Scandinavian theological students in the fall of the year 1871 in the basement of First Swedish Baptist Church in Chicago beginning in the year 1871.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Application to the nursing program is a 2-step process.
- Students need to be admitted to the University (may apply online).
- Students submit an application to the nursing program through the Nursing Department.
Program Admissions Timeline
Applications are available from the Nursing Department starting in March of the student’s first year. Admission decisions are made mid-fall of the student’s sophomore year and accepted applicants start the nursing program spring semester (early February) of their sophomore year.
Admission to the nursing program is once per year. Up to 90 students are accepted into a class.
- Complete the 1-page application form (available through the Department of Nursing).
- Write a 2-4 page paper addressing specific questions from the application form that help you express your interest in our nursing program.
- Submit 2 references: at least one from a college-level professor, the other one from another professor or a work supervisor.
- Submit nursing department health forms, showing documentation of an up-to-date physical exam and current immunizations.
- General Biology and Lab (BIO118/118D), 4 credits
- Clinical Anatomy and Lab (BIO224/225), 4 credits
- Clinical Physiology and Lab (BIO226/227), 4 credits
- Clinical Microbiology and Lab (BIO230/231), 4 credits
- Introduction to Chemistry and Lab (CHE101/101D), 4 credits
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY100), 3 credits
- Lifespan Development (PSY203), 3 credits
- Introduction to Healthcare and Health Professions (HAS110), 3 credits
- Applied Nutrition (HAS170), 3 credits
General Education Prerequisites
- Christianity in Western Culture (GES130), 4 credits
- Inquiry Seminar (GES160), 3 credits
- Biblical studies requirement (BIB101, THE201, or “J” course), 3 credits
To apply, a student’s cumulative Bethel GPA and science prerequisite GPA must be 2.75 or better. Transfer students must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.85 for all college-level courses prior to admittance to Bethel.
Early Admit Option
High school seniors with an ACT score of 26 or higher have an opportunity for early admittance into the nursing program.
Incoming transfer students that meet the following four criteria have an opportunity for early/direct admittance into the nursing program:
- ACT score of 26 or higher, or TEAS test score of proficient or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Science GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sciences must be completed within the past 5 years, without any retakes
Address: 3900 Bethel Dr, St Paul, MN 55112
Submit your review