The Belanger School of Nursing-Elis medicine prepares males and females for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). The training program is licensed by the New York State Education Department combined with Schenectady County Community College. This hospital-based institution honors an Associate in Science degree in Nursing (ASN) granted by the Ellis Medicine Board of Trustees.
The program comprises of 42 credits in nursing and thirty (30) college credits spanning 4 semesters as well as one summer session. The main aim of instruction is the proper care of the hospitalized patient with focus on clinical practice.
About The School
From the beginning, the background of Ellis has been one of persisted expansion and also progress to fulfill community health requirements.
The forerunner of Ellis Hospital, the Schenectady Free Dispensary, opened up in a two (2) story building at 408 Union Street on Xmas Day in the year 1885. The five bed ward served as the city’s very first medical facility, inspired by a small group of worried citizens following the demise of an Erie Canal barge tender. Eight years afterward, a new thirty (30) bed hospital unveiled on Jay Street, founded via the humanitarian support of the community and also Charles G. Ellis, president of Schenectady Locomotive Works. In the year 1893, a hospital school was also founded offering a three year course in professional nursing, the fore-runner to the Ellis Hospital School of Nursing.
Ellis Medicine is a 438-bed community and also teaching health-care system serving New York’s Capital Area. With four campuses – Ellis Hospital, Bellevue Woman’s Center, Ellis Health Center and Medical Center of Clifton Park.
Total estimated program cost is USD $22,440
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Obtain an application form and $70 payment
- Completion of prerequisite courses.
Prerequisites for the day and evening/weekend program are Biology, Chemistry, and Algebra. Additional prerequisites for the evening/weekend program are Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Microbiology. All prerequisites must be taken within five years of desired enrollment. (Applications will be reviewed with a plan for completion of required prerequisites – most successful applicants have all/ or most prerequisites completed by review time.)
Day and Evening/Weekend Program
Additional for Evening/Weekend Program
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Official high school transcript – in sealed envelope
- Official GED (also need HS transcript if available) – in sealed envelope
- Official college transcript from each college attended – In sealed envelope. Proof of success in college level courses strengthens application. Particular emphasis is on verbal/math/science course grades. A minimum average of 85% and a CGPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Applicants who receive transfer credit for Anatomy & Physiology I and Microbiology may be considered for a waiver of the Chemistry and/or Biology requirement at the discretion of the Admission and Evaluations Committee.
- Two references
- Kaplan Admission Test
Belanger School of Nursing-Elis medicine
Address: 1101 Nott Street Schenectady, NY 12308
Leave a Reply