Becker College has been in the business of educating and producing competent, compassionate, and dynamic women and men into the nursing profession since the year 1982.
The associate degree nursing ADN program graduates constantly achieve a soaring first time NCLEX-RN percentile ranking. The pass rate in 2014 calendar year first-time NCLEX-RN was 97%.
Whether you are looking to change your career, seeking advancement in your nursing career, or just starting out, the nursing program at Becker College is the right step in the right direction. Becker College offers knowledge and skills in excellence care, global health issues, and health promotion, as well as offering both pre-licensure and post-licensure nursing education choices.
About the school
Becker College was founded by the amalgamation of the of two Massachusetts educational institutions in central Massachusetts, with campuses in Leicester and Worcester.
Becker College offers over 40 undergraduate degree programs together with nursing programs, video game design and development programs and a veterinary science program. Becker College has over 21,000 alumni.
In Dhaka, Bangladesh, Becker College reached a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on May 28, 2015, with a Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus to launch the Yunus Social Business Centre at Becker College. The Centre is created in affiliation with the Seven Hills Foundation.
Becker is one of a few of higher education institutions the world over and the first in the United States to launch an officially authorized Yunus Social Business Centre. The College’s Centre will concentrate on, creating innovative, self-sufficient solutions to change lives and communities and identifying real-life social problems.
Total tuition cost for the program is about $67,344
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
In addition to the requirements listed under Freshman Applicants, all Nursing applicants must:
- Earn high school cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or better.
- Complete one year of college preparatory secondary level science with a lab. This course must be completed within five years, with a minimum grade of C. A four-credit college course in science with a lab, with a grade of C or better with only one allowed retake, will also satisfy the prerequisite science requirement. It is strongly recommended that the nursing program science courses be completed prior to admission.
- Complete 2 years of college preparatory level secondary school mathematics including Algebra I and II or Algebra I and Geometry. Both courses must be completed within 5 years with a minimum grade of C. A three-credit college course in College Algebra within 5 years with a grade of C or better will also satisfy the prerequisite math requirement.
- Complete 3 years of secondary school English with a grade of C or better.
- One letter of recommendation of an academic nature.
- Achieve an overall score of Proficient or higher on the ATI Version VI – Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS® VI). Only two attempts to achieve the minimum benchmark score will be allowed. The TEAS requirement applies to all applicants to the ASN nursing program (including internal and external student transfers).
The ASN program is a fall-semester program only. New spring semester students may not begin classes in the ASN program.
The TEAS test is administered at Becker College (fee required). Contact the Admissions’ Office for more testing information. Information about the test content and resources to prepare for the exam can be found at https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx. A study guide is available in the College bookstores: VERSION VI – ATI TEST OF ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC SKILLS (TEAS VI) STUDY MANUAL.
Students who have taken the TEAS® VI at another institution should contact ATI at 1-800-667-7531 to have their score transcript sent to the Becker College Admission Department.
Weller Academic Building
61 Sever Street
Worcester, MA 01609
877.5.BECKER (toll free)
Submit your review