- The School of Nursing at B-CU offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree. The nursing training program educates men and women to turn out to be certified nurses at the baccalaureate degree level.
- It is made to graduate qualified, visionary, as well as competent nurse leaders who have reached the forefront of innovative, culturally delicate healthcare practices that promote human flourishing. It plans to improve the certified nurse leader to perform, train and also administer individuals towards optimal wellness.
- Graduates are qualified to sit and take on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). The nursing training program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing (FBON) and also accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing.
About the school
- Bethune–Cookman University (shortened B–CU), formerly Bethune–Cookman College ( B–CC ), is a non-public, co-ed, historically black university situated in Daytona Beach- Florida, United States of America.
- The primary administration building, White Hall, and also Mary McLeod Bethune Home were included in the US National Register of Historic Places.
- Mary McLeod B. established the Daytona Educational and also Industrial Training School in the year 1904. The institution underwent various steps of growth and also development over the years as well as in 1923, it combined with the Cookman Institute of Jacksonville, Florida and also became a co-ed high school
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students will be admitted to the Nursing Program in the fall semester. Students seeking admission must submit an application by the published deadline.
- Be unconditionally admitted to Bethune-Cookman University.
- Submitted a completed application to the Nursing Program by the deadline date.
- Declared pre-nursing as a designation.
- Completed at least 12 credit hours at Bethune-Cookman University.
- Achieve a score of 64% or higher on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Achieving the prescribed TEAS Score does not guarantee your acceptance into BCU School of Nursing Program.
- Completed all required pre-requisite courses with a grade of “C” or above.
- Have an overall grade point average of 2.8 or above.
- Provide current contact information.
Transfer students requesting admission into the nursing program:
- Transfer credit WILL NOT be awarded for nursing courses.
- Students who have been placed on probation or dismissed for academic or professional reasons from another institution are not eligible for admission to the nursing program until after two years from the last enrollment in the former nursing program.
- Students must complete at least 12 credit hours at BCU before applying for acceptance into the nursing program.
Criteria for Selection:
If the number of eligible students applying to the nursing program exceeds the number of available positions in the program, students with the highest overall TEAS Scores will be selected. If GPA’s and TEAS Exam scores are identical, then the person completing more hours at BCU will be selected.
Address: 640 Dr Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Submit your review
Leave a Reply