- Education at the baccalaureate level (BSN) readies students to care for patients and also families in hospitals as well as in the community and various other settings.
- Upper Division Option (20 months, for undergraduate transfer pupils)
- Accelerated Option (12 months, for individuals with a bachelor’s or higher in a non-nursing discipline)
- RN to BSN Web-based Option (12 months or perhaps 20 months, for associate degree and also diploma RNs)
- Upon successful completion of the BSN training program, the graduate can Practice in a manner that mirrors dedication to the professional values of altruism, integrity, autonomy, human dignity, social justice and also cultural competence and demonstrates responsible, accountable, and also proficient utilization of technology to access information for clinical decision-making.
- The certified Upper Division Option readies pupils to provide direct care to patients and also their families in several health care settings, and also to pursue higher degrees in nursing. Passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX®)* examination is required to become an entry-level registered nurse.
About the school
- Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College is a school of nursing situated in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America.
- The institution was established in 1902 as Jewish Hospital School of Nursing and also was the first school in the country authorized by the National League of Nursing.
- Barnes Hospital School of Nursing was established in the year 1955 after Washington University closed its affiliated nursing training program. The college later lent its name to the University of Missouri- St. Louis turning into Barnes College of Nursing at University of Missouri- St. Louis.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,115
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A completed undergraduate online application
- A signed Signature Page* with $50 non-refundable application fee (check or money order payable to Barnes-Jewish College)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended sent to the Office of Admissions
- Regardless of U.S. residency, international applicants who received associate, undergraduate degrees or higher from colleges and universities in which English is not the primary language must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination as an indicator of ability to read, write and comprehend English. This requirement is waived for applicants who received degrees from colleges and universities in which the primary language is English. Barnes-Jewish College recommends that students take the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). The score requirement for the IBT is 85, with minimum scores of 21 for reading and 23 for writing. The score requirement for the computer-based test is 240, with a minimum score of 4.5 on the Test of Written English. The score requirement for the paper-based test is 575.
- Additional credentials may be requested after an initial review of the applicant’s file
- For RN to BSN applicants, proof of RN licensure is required for admission
Address: 4483 Duncan Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110
Submit your review