Baker’s Associate Degree in Nursing program is comprehensive and broad, developed with the involvement of leading nurse practitioners, and intended to provide as much personalized attention as possible.
The curriculum is frequently updated to keep current with the newest developments in healthcare, and taught by nursing professionals who impart their clinical experiences and knowledge. Through class work, clinical rotations, and active learning, you develop the full range of skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to the practice of professional nursing.
When you graduate, you’ll be eligible to take the licensure examination to become a registered nurse (RN) and progress towards a very fulfilling career.
The Michigan Board of Nursing can refuse RN licensure to any applicant who is addicted to drugs or alcohol and/or who has been convicted of a crime.
Enrollment is restricted for this program.
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
About The School
Baker College is a private not-for-profit, accredited American college located in Michigan and established in 1911. Baker College currently has thirteen locations all over the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and one in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Baker College of Flint is the flagship campus. In this campus, you’ll have the private attention and guidance that a small campus can provide, together with all you’d expect on a contemporary college campus—state-of-the-art labs, technology center, classrooms with multi-media systems and more. And whether you live on campus or commute, there is an extensive library facility, fitness center, campus-wide WiFi, café, and bookstore.
Flint provides a choice of over 100 career programs in fields that have today’s best opportunities for advancement and employment. Specialty programs include and technology programs and computer networking, mechanical engineering, orthotics/prosthetics, nursing, physical therapist assistant, PTDI-certified truck driving, polysomnography, surgical technology, veterinary technician and teacher preparation.
Baker is part of the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (MACRAO) Transfer Agreement, which allows for the transfer of up to 30 semester credit hours to meet many of the general education requirements at participating Michigan four-year colleges and universities.
Tuition fee is estimated at $17,995
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
A general education core is required for all Associate and Bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time undergraduate freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Academic / Administrative Office for details about online courses.
Flint – Nursing (ADN)
- 40 students are accepted during each application cycle (80 students per year)
- Application Quarters: Spring quarter for a Fall start; Fall quarter for a Spring start
- Application Dates: Applications accepted during the month of April for Fall Quarter and during the month of October for Spring Quarter
- Application Process: Applications will be available in the Health Science Office for pick-up and must be returned to the Health Science Office by the deadline date and time listed in the packet.
- Students are to complete the application and the “Alternative Careers” web site card to be eligible.
- Kaplan Admission Assessment Test: Instructions are enclosed in the application packet on when students must call to schedule their Kaplan test. The test is not given until after the quarter ends. Students who have not met all requirements for admission will not be permitted to sit for the test.
- Kaplan test may only be taken once per year.
Baker College of Flint
1050 W. Bristol Rd. Flint, MI 48507
Submit your review