- The Graduates from Baker University Nursing program are empathetic, workforce-ready individuals naturally motivated to make an impact in the world around them.
- Students are advised to spend their primary two years at Baker’s College of Arts and Sciences in Baldwin City, Kansas to enjoy two years of the traditional undergraduate experience, before diving deep into the pursuit of their nursing career, earning their 64 hours of required nursing course work at the Stormont-Vail Health campus.
About the school
- Baker University is a private Christian university situated in Baldwin City, Kansas, United States.
- Established in 1858, it is the first university formally established in Kansas and is connected with the United Methodist Church.
Total estimated tuition is approximately $9,190/semester, $18,380/year
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the School of Nursing is based on academic history, prerequisite cumulative grade point average, math and science prerequisite GPA, number of prerequisite courses completed, other degrees conferred, and an interview with faculty. The School of Nursing seeks students who exhibit appropriate communication skills, caring attributes, personal integrity, accountability and the ability to make ethical decisions and think critically. Eligibility for admission is determined without regard to race, nationality, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
To be considered for admission, students must submit the following:
- Official transcript of their high school record or GED certificate
- Official transcripts for all college work completed
- Online application
Applications should be on file before December 15* for consideration for the fall semester and before August 10* for the spring semester. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that his or her file is complete.
*If space is available, applications will be taken until July 1 for the fall start and December 1 for the spring start. Contact Cara Bonfiglio for consideration.
The following criteria are required for admission to the program:
- Graduation from a state-approved high school or the equivalent.
- Completion of prerequisite coursework before the student begins the nursing program. Students are accepted conditionally pending successful completion of program prerequisites.
- An overall prerequisite cumulative GPA and math and science GPA of at least 2.70 on a 4.00 grade point scale. Only prerequisite courses are considered in calculating the GPA for admission. All program prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or higher. Pass/Fail grades will not be accepted unless it can be confirmed by the university that a pass is equivalent to a C or greater.
Address: 618 Eighth St, Baldwin City, KS 66006, USA
P.O. Box 65 Baldwin City, KS 66006
Phone: +1 785-594-6451
Submit your review