- As a Nursing major at Augustana University, you will get weekly, practical clinical experience, assisting you to provide the proper care possible to your future clients. With pass rates on the National Council Licensure Exam at Augustana continually higher than the state and also national average, you will not wish to prepare anywhere else.
- For over 70 years, the Division of Nursing at Augustana University has been a provincial superior in preparing nurses, clinical nurse leaders, and also administrators for hospitals as well as community health organizations. Their revolutionary training program values excellence, service and also complete health care for the community.
- The baccalaureate training program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education as well as endorsed by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. Augustana has the only 4-year professional nursing training program in the region that is part of a liberal arts college/university. Augustana graduates can address healthcare issues in a complex and also swiftly changing environment.
About the school
- Augustana University is a non-public, Norwegian-heritage liberal arts school associated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Situated in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States, the school is the largest non-public university in the state.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,760
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Nursing applications are due no later than February 15 of the calendar year in which the student desires to begin upper division nursing courses
- Criteria for admission
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher by the end of J-term preceding admission to the upper division Nursing courses.
- Students failing to meet a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher by the end of the J-Term preceding admission to the upper division Nursing courses, will be considered on a space available basis at the end of the Spring and/or Summer term preceding entry into the upper division Nursing courses if a cumulative GPA of 2.7 has been obtained.
- Earn at least 62 cumulative credits
- Successfully complete all required prerequisite courses with a grade of C- or higher
1) Prerequisite courses are: Biology 150, Biology 225, Biology 250, Chemistry 116, Chemistry 145, Math 140, Sociology 110 and Psychology 210
2) A student is allowed to repeat a maximum of two required prerequisite courses one time.
- Successfully complete Nurs 200 Introduction to Nursing and Nurs 230 Pharmacotherapeutics with a grade of C or higher.
The following pre-requisite courses must be successfully completed prior to beginning upper division nursing clinical courses. Please indicate courses (if any) you have completed.
____BIO 150 Human Anatomy (4 credits; must include a lab component)
____BIO 225 Human Physiology (4 credits; must include a lab component)
____BIO 250 Introductory Microbiology (4 credits; must include a lab component )
____CHEM 116 General Chemistry (4 credits; must include a lab component )
____CHEM 145 Survey of Organic and Biochemistry (4 credits; must include a lab component)
____SOC 110 Contemporary Sociology – 3 credits
____MATH 140 Quantitative Reasoning – 3 credits
____PSYCH 210 Life-Span Human Development – 3 credits
____NURS 230 Pharmacotherapeutics – 3 credits
If the pre-requisite courses are taken at another college or university, a transcript analysis will determine course equivalencies.
Address: 2001 S Summit Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57197, USA
Submit your review