- The BSN Training program provides the nursing graduate, following the completion of the state licensing examination for Registered Nurses (RNs), the knowledge to serve as a beginning nurse, nurse manager as well as leader in several health care settings. Furthermore, the graduates are ready to proceed into graduate nursing programs to be able to advance their professions.
- The key preparation for professional nursing practice is the baccalaureate level. Baccalaureate education equally readies the graduate for further educational endeavors and also future functions in nursing.
- The pupil makes use of various clinical settings to develop skills required to render safe and also adequate care at different levels.
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission along with the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools certifies the Undergraduate Nursing Training program at Albany State The BSN Training program is authorized by the Georgia Board of Nursing.
About the school
- Albany State University (ASU) is a four-year, state-supported, historically black university (HBCU) situated in Albany, Georgia, United States Of America. It is one amongst 3 HBCUs in the University System of Georgia.
- Albany State University is a member-school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. Joseph Winthrop Holley, born in the year 1874 to former slaves in Winnsboro, South Carolina, established the school in the year 1903 as the Albany Bible and Manual Training Institute.
- Albany State University East Campus (Main) 504 College Drive, Albany, Georgia, USA 31705, is situated on 206 acres East of the Flint River which has thirty-two (32) structures and five sport facilities
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN- Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To enter the BSN concentration, students must meet the requirements established for all undergraduate degree programs at ASU. Applicants should contact the Chair or the BSN Coordinator of the Department of Nursing well in advance of the planned entry date. In addition, the applicant should:
- Submit a nursing application to the Nursing Office
- Have a nursing core class GPA of at least 2.75
- Have completed at least 5 of the 5 required Sciences with no more than 1 Science failure
- Successfully completed English 1101 & 1102 with a grade of C or higher
- Have passed the nursing admission exam
- Submit documentation of immunization status and a current health record to Student Health Services
- Submit documentation of CPR Certification
Address: 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705
Submit your review